Shrimp Toast

I had the best shrimp toast I've ever had last night at Taste of Vietnam in Sterling. It's hard to describe, but it's inside of a baguette - they must cut out some of the <<mie>>, mix in shrimp and perhaps shrimp paste, then reassemble it before what might be a quick deep-fry. Just order it, either as an appetizer or part of the sampler platter (I usually steer clear of sampler appetizer platters, but this one was excellent and a very good value) - this shrimp toast is fantastic, and needs to be eaten hot, so don't get it as carryout, but do dunk it in the sweet vinegar sauce (not the peanut sauce).

And thank you to my wonderful dining companion, who told me beforehand how good the shrimp toast was ... and she was right. :)

• Like 1

My favorite shrimp toast was at the long-defunct Ruby Restaurant in so-called "Chinatown." It was replaced by Eat First. I've never eaten as good a shrimp toast as I have had there. However, next time I am in Sterling, I'll have to give your recommendation a whirl.

At the risk of dating myself, I know who Heyboy is. Not because I remember that old show that well, but because my husband has the DVDs and watches them while he eats lunch on the weekend. Actually he is done with now and is watching his new Route 66 DVDs. :D