Newest Restaurant Openings - Where To Find Them?

hdean

Is there a website that shows the newest openings for restaurants (and retail for that matter) in the area?

Back when I was updating this thread once a quarter, I was using a combination of this website and Metrocurean; now, your best bet would be to use a combination of this website, Eater, Washington Business Journal, and diningindc.net.

But there's also a blog where the blogger swears he's going to eat at every new restaurant in DC. I can't remember the name, but that will probably serve you best of all.

New restaurant openings would be a great idea for a running thread. Folks could post when they hear about openings, and I'd be willing to keep it updated with openings as I hear of them. Don, if you'd like, I can start a thread in the Restaurants forum or wherever.

For example, here are recent openings:

Just opened

Daikaya Izakaya 705 Sixth St, NW

Website (but doesn't currently have Izakaya info. Hours can be found on Facebook). Donrockwell thread.

La Tagliatella 2950 Clarendon Blvd

Website Thread

Fat Shorty's 3035 Clarendon Blvd

Website Thread

The Grill Room. Rye Bar. Both at Capella Hotel 1050 31st St, NW

Website no thread yet but see this post

Upcoming

GBD 1323 Conn Ave. Opening today at 8 am

Website Thread

Le Diplomate (new Stephen Starr restaurant) 1601 14th St. They announced that they were taking dinner reservations starting on April 12

Website No thread yet

Matchbox in the Mosaic District - Opening on April 12

Website Thread

@hdean:

There is another site in Atlanta that covers all that information. It was the original of its kind: http://tonetoatl.com tomorrows news today, Atlanta. The twitter acct is @tonetoatlanta

Several years ago I found out about it from an old friend, the father of the author. When I saw your reference, I went to that site, thought it looked exactly like what was originally done by my friends son...but found it under the name of another author. Strange indeed.

If you live in Atlanta, live in DC and Atlanta, follow both and decide which information is more accurate and which is more artificially self serving.