The Sopranos

alopez

I hope this thread is not too off-topic for this board; if so I apologize and humbly accept the inevitable deletion.

I am desperately seeking places that are planning to have viewings of the Sopranos on Sunday nights. Visions used to this, but they are no longer around.

Obviously, places with good food and drink are preferable.

Felix in Adams Morgan used to host Sex in the City viewing parties, and when I walked by last weekend, they were advertising an Oscar's party. I would not be surprised if the did something for The Soprano's.

Felix is showing the Wedding Crashers this Sunday, but it would be smart of them to venture into Sopranoland. If I still lived in Adams Morgan with no cable, baby...

I heard this rumor that they will be projecting the first episode of the last season of the Sopranos at Ray's-right onto the bare white walls. Cash bar, but all the steak niblets you can eat.

It can be tough to find any bar or restaurant that shows the Sopranos, since HBO will sue them if they do:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/10/14/...ain525452.shtml

HBO: This Is Pay TV, & Don't Forget It

(AP) Bars and restaurants that try to entice customers by showing Paulie Walnuts, Ralphie Cifaretto and the rest of "The Sopranos" gang on Sunday nights are hearing from another type of enforcer.

HBO lawyers are sending out letters telling them to turn the sets off, since it's illegal to show the network's signal in public places....

While there's no actual law against showing HBO's signal publicly, the cable channel says subscribers who get HBO through their cable or satellite provider have agreed to follow the rules against public showings of HBO programming.

It can be tough to find any bar or restaurant that shows the Sopranos, since HBO will sue them if they do:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/10/14/...ain525452.shtml

HBO: This Is Pay TV, & Don't Forget It

(AP) Bars and restaurants that try to entice customers by showing Paulie Walnuts, Ralphie Cifaretto and the rest of "The Sopranos" gang on Sunday nights are hearing from another type of enforcer.

HBO lawyers are sending out letters telling them to turn the sets off, since it's illegal to show the network's signal in public places....

While there's no actual law against showing HBO's signal publicly, the cable channel says subscribers who get HBO through their cable or satellite provider have agreed to follow the rules against public showings of HBO programming.

I better tell my friends not to come over to watch now. Whew, I'm glad HBO was looking out for their customers to make sure we wouldn't unknowingly break laws.