Kali's Mezze, Thames Street in Fells Point - Middle-Eastern Small Plates Next To Kali's Court

I will be in Baltimore (Canton) quite a bit this summer. Tonight we will be heading to Mezze, Kali's Court little sister. Has anyone been lately? I was there last summer, and even though I remember the portions being substantial, I don't remember much. It has been years since I have been to Kali's Court itself. Opinions? I also hear that the group is opening a European style eatery just down the street from Kali's. Selling Sundries?

What did you think? I stop in at Mezze from time to time for a drink and a plate or two but I don't love it. It is a convenient stop for nourishment after a marathan shopping session at the Sound Garden. I haven't had a full meal there in many moons.

I never go to Kali's Court, it is expensive and I've heard too many nightmare stories about the service but I can't verify it first hand. I would be happy to hear those stories are no longer true.

And, I also heard about the place they are planning to open around the corner and am intrigued.

Is this the spot that is in (or near) the Admiral Fell Inn?

Meli is in the Admiral Fell Inn. They also have Adela, a tapas place now in the Inn.

Mezze is up the street near the record store and tattoo place.

I think all three are run by the same group.

Overall Kali's Mezze took care of what we were looking for.  Located on a quaint, cobblestone street at the end of Fell's Point, it's a handsome restaurant and the outdoor courtyard looked like it would great on a warm sunny afternoon.  We were catching up with a friend who has been doing contract work in Baltimore.  Food wasn't necessarily the priority, we were looking for a nice restaurant to have a nice evening.

That said, the food was merely ok.  Dinner started with a large basket of toasted pita bread and a dish of olive oil and tapenade which was olivey and salty but not very complex.  We then worked through 7 dishes including a good roasted eggplant with haloumi, a haloumi flatbread topped with supermarket level tomato, zucchini fritters, terrible falafel, an ok crabcake, decent mussels, and surprisingly good lima beans in a tomato sauce.  Portions are large and we probably over ordered.

While we had a fun evening, the food is several steps below Zaytinya, Kapnos, and Cava in quality and style.