Philly Cheesesteaks - Washington Area Only

I see a lot of cheesesteak chatter going on so I thought I would start a new thread not devoted to any specific restaurant where peeple could discuss where else to find good cheesesteaks.

There is an Exxon gas station outside of Easton, MD, about a mile up the road to St. Michaels that has food service. They make cheesesteaks similar to those at Al's in Alexandria. If you are on your way to the beach, it is a good place to stop and grab some lunch and gas up the car at the same time. They also sell great homemade pies at the cash register (and their fresh country sausage is good as well). After yoiu pass the Easton airport, veer right and then turn right again on the St. Michaels road. Go about a mile to the Exxon on the right.

Any other hidden cheesesteak spots out there?

I see a lot of cheesesteak chatter going on so I thought I would start a new thread not devoted to any specific restaurant where peeple could discuss where else to find good cheesesteaks.

There is an Exxon gas station outside of Easton, MD, about a mile up the road to St. Michaels that has food service. They make cheesesteaks similar to those at Al's in Alexandria. If you are on your way to the beach, it is a good place to stop and grab some lunch and gas up the car at the same time. They also sell great homemade pies at the cash register (and their fresh country sausage is good as well). After yoiu pass the Easton airport, veer right and then turn right again on the St. Michaels road. Go about a mile to the Exxon on the right.

Any other hidden cheesesteak spots out there?

Is it true Mario's has good cheesesteaks?

---

The following posts have been split into separate threads:

Mario's Pizza House (jiveturk21)

Coaches Hoagies Steaks & Pizza (DanielK)

Is it true Mario's has good cheesesteaks?

---

The following posts have been split into separate threads:

Mario's Pizza House (jiveturk21)

Coaches Hoagies Steaks & Pizza (DanielK)

youve gotta try out "COACHES" in rockville the place is called coaches hoagies steaks and pizza its located @

4836 boiling brook pkwy

rockville md 20852

probably the best cheese steaks in maryland :P

Had a cheesesteak with provolone and sauce last night at Al's. This is a very respectable cheesesteak; lots of meat, and a good roll (from Gold Crust Bakery on Monroe). I'm happy that I can get my Philly phix when the mood strikes.

Al's Steak House Alexandria

eta: Al's serves Philly cheesesteaks, but they automatically ask if you want LTM on your sandwich!

Have not yet been there myself but it's on my list. Your assessment tracks with the endorsements my Philly phoodie phriends have given it. I'll meet you there sometime soon!

Have not yet been there myself but it's on my list. Your assessment tracks with the endorsements my Philly phoodie phriends have given it. I'll meet you there sometime soon!

If they ask for LTO and Mayo it's off the list as a qualifier for true philly... Another disqualifier is if the refer to it as "steak and cheese"........

try wawa......for close to philly subs and pretzels fresh amoroso bread delivered twice a day and federal bakers pretzels delivered twice a day.....

If they ask for LTO and Mayo it's off the list as a qualifier for true philly... Another disqualifier is if the refer to it as "steak and cheese"........

try wawa......for close to philly subs and pretzels fresh amoroso bread delivered twice a day and federal bakers pretzels delivered twice a day.....

LTM is very common in these parts, so I'm assuming that it's a popular request-it does not disqualify Al's. In fact LTM is found all over Philly in the form of a cheesesteak hoagie, which is still, a cheesesteak.