Pacific, Potomac Run Plaza in Sterling - Pacified.

Can anyone steer me to a place that could do Polynesian food for about 40-50 people? I want cheesy, pu-pu platter, "tropical" drinks type food.

There is a place called Pacific in Sterling that is a Tiki-bar type of place and does catering. I can't vouch for the food, but it is worth a shot.

Here is a link to its review on Tiki Central.

Who knew there could be group of people who could form an internet community that obsesses about things like this?

I don't know if they cater, but Luau Garden in Herndon does a mean pupu platter (and has the cheesy dead-palm-frond tiki bar and silly tiki drinks to go along with it). The food's more Chinese than Polynesian, though.

There is a place called Pacific in Sterling that is a Tiki-bar type of place and does catering. I can't vouch for the food, but it is worth a shot.

Bill, that's exactly what I'm looking for. Damn, I knew someone on this board would have something for me. :unsure:

Thanks for the disclaimer about the food. This event will probably be more about the rum and atmosphere than the cuisine. ;)

I was here last summer and couldn't quite figure out who owned the restaurant - it's a big, sterile place, but it didn't quite seem like a national chain. It turns out it's owned by Louis Cheng, who has owned Cheng's Oriental Restaurant since 1988. I can't vouch for the catered fare, but the dine-in food is what you might expect at a big, standalone, Tiki-themed restaurant sitting in the parking lot of a Sterling strip mall.

Cheers,

Rocks.