ShoeBox Oven and Cheesetique need taste testers!

Jill Cheese Lady

ShoeBox Oven and Cheesetique have joined forces to create a new line of Pao de Queijos Brazilian cheese breads. We have American artisan cheeses selected and deft hands already at work perfecting the recipes. But we still need one important component: OPINIONS! If you're in the area this Saturday, September 2, please stop by ShoeBox Oven's booth at the Arlington Farmers' Market and taste some samples. We both love feedback, so please let us know!

Assuming all goes well, the new line of Pao de Queijos will be available at Cheesetique in mid-September. If we're really lucky, Krishna will allow us to carry more of her delectable items as well. Trust me - once you taste the Champagne Chocolate, you will never be the same. I say this and there isn't even any cheese involved :)

Thank you all for giving us your support - and your feedback!

Someone asked me explain what the Pao de Queijos (POW deh KAY-hos) are (other than yummy). They are small, crisp, yet chewy baked pastry goodies that have various ingredients or fillings added to them. Each is about the size of a half-dollar. Krishna recommends serving them slightly warm, but I can tell you that even at room temp, they are outstanding. I'm sure Krishna can add some more details here...

Pao de Queijos are Brazilian cheese breads made from manioc (polviho or tapioca) starch. They are traditionally eaten in the morning, warm with cappucino. ShoeBox Oven has taken this rustic, cheesy and gluten-free snack a bit further by adding different fillings to the bread making it an anytime amuse bouche, meal or snack.

Pao de Queijos are Brazilian cheese breads made from manioc (polviho or tapioca) starch. They are traditionally eaten in the morning, warm with cappucino. ShoeBox Oven has taken this rustic, cheesy and gluten-free snack a bit further by adding different fillings to the bread making it an anytime amuse bouche, meal or snack.
Y'all these things are good; really really really good. Put them in the oven, heat them up and you have the best treat to accompany veggies in the summer. This is so exciting.

I do hope that everybody heads to the market on Saturday. I missed last week and my tastebuds haven't been the same. Though I happily had a few Pao de Queijos saved in the event of emergency. If only I had saved some cookies or cake. Sigh.

ShoeBox Oven and Cheesetique have joined forces to create a new line of Pao de Queijos Brazilian cheese breads. We have American artisan cheeses selected and deft hands already at work perfecting the recipes. But we still need one important component: OPINIONS! If you're in the area this Saturday, September 2, please stop by ShoeBox Oven's booth at the Arlington Farmers' Market and taste some samples. We both love feedback, so please let us know!

Jill, what kind of cheeses are you going to be using? Please say lambchopper . . . please say lambchopper.

Thanks!

Blaine

Y'all these things are good; really really really good. Put them in the oven, heat them up and you have the best treat to accompany veggies in the summer. This is so exciting.
I wish that I could agree with you on this, but no matter how long I warmed them they did not improve. The warmth helped improve the palatability of the dough, but the cheese still had the consistency of rubber. I do look forward to trying other items from Shoebox, these just did not work for me.

I wish that I could agree with you on this, but no matter how long I warmed them they did not improve. The warmth helped improve the palatability of the dough, but the cheese still had the consistency of rubber. I do look forward to trying other items from Shoebox, these just did not work for me.

"consistency of rubber." yikes! that would not work for me either. perhaps a rogue dozen of paos made its way into your bag? all kidding aside, that is not a good or typical shoebox oven experience. i am sincerely sorry you had that experience and i hope we have a chance to change your mind with jill's fantastic cheesetique selections.

Now, this will be a great partnership! I have not been to the market in a month because of travel, however I am really glad to see Shoebox Oven doing well, and you can't go wrong with Chessetique! I will try to make it out this weekend to test the new products and spend some money. Also, that was a great write up in the Post a few weeks ago!

I've lived in Brazil and adore Pao de Queijo and cannot wait to be able to buy it here so I no longer have to smuggle mixes back in my luggage! Sadly I'll be out of town so can't taste test, but from my experience, slightly larger is better (golf ball size) for breakfast, and, surprisingly, they are good with a drop of ketchup on them (which is the way many people in Southern Brazil eat them for breakfast).

Oo.. sweet! What time are ya'll setting up?

Market opens at 8am. And hopefully, we will be ready by 8am. The last few weeks have been hectic as we are hauling tents, product and tables in our two small cars and transporting items from a storage unit. It is rough, but we hope to be in a van soon! Thank you to all of those who have been patient and waited while we set up. Come early as we have limited amount of free Cheesetique samples. Though we will soon be offering Cheesetique paos for sale at the market and at the Cheesetique store.

We will be selling our chourico/cheddar and habanero/cheddar pao de queijo this Saturday.

Good Pastry's

Good Cheese's

What more could you ask for?

Well - I heard a certain Oven needs its own Box with dependable wheels so that it can Shoe it's way to the market, and soon stores and shops with lots of delectibles.

Anybody got a lead on a dependable (but it doesn't have to be pretty), panel van / cargo van with respectible tires, better than mediocre brakes and an engine that will start up on a cold rainy or snowy night ... for about $1,000 to $1,500? If you do, pass that good lead onto ShoeBox. (The owner won't ask - but I will :) 'cause I want 'em delivering goodies to my favorite neighborhood.) Hope I'm not offending anyone but passing on a lead could be a way of showing support for ShoeBox and hopefully also supporting Cheestique even if indirectly.

Even an old retired soccer mom's mini van could work.

KMaCK

I went out in the rain this morning to try the Lambchopper Pao de Queijos. They were excellent. I am in favor of them haveing them on a regualr basis. I "had to settle" for a bag of the chourico/cheddar which were very good (they have been all eaten already today :) )

I went out in the rain this morning to try the Lambchopper Pao de Queijos. They were excellent. I am in favor of them haveing them on a regualr basis. I "had to settle" for a bag of the chourico/cheddar which were very good (they have been all eaten already today :) )

Ditto to that.. wish we could have taken home a bag of the lambchopper ones as well. We also tried the chevre variation, which we noted that at least at "room" temperature, the textures of the cheese and pao's seemed to be almost too similar. However, once warmed up, it would probably be an entirely different story.. drool.