Fire in Silver Spring - Bombay Gaylord Destroyed, Quarry House and Mandarin Restaurant Damaged

Al Dente

Drove by yesterday. Those storefronts are toast. Incredibly bad smoke/fire damage to the left side of Bombay Gaylord. I would imagine that demolition is the only option (and probably the best economic option) for the landlord. Knew some people who were in QHT when the smoke started pouring in. Scary stuff. Amazing that there were no severe injuries.

The way DTSS has been developing, I'm guessing this will be a demo followed by completely new building with condos over retail.

We actually just ate at Bombay Gaylord for lunch buffet on Sunday and witnessed an attempted robbery. Wondering if there might be any connection to that. The would be robber had some clear mental illness issues and was thankfully taken away in an ambulance rather than police car.

The way DTSS has been developing, I'm guessing this will be a demo followed by completely new building with condos over retail.

We actually just ate at Bombay Gaylord for lunch buffet on Sunday and witnessed an attempted robbery. Wondering if there might be any connection to that. The would be robber had some clear mental illness issues and was thankfully taken away in an ambulance rather than police car.

The reporting I've seen say they suspect the cause to be from an electrical source. The first reports were mentioning the living space above the Chinese restaurant (illegal and with many occupants) and now it appears the reports are focusing more on Bombay Gaylord. Only time will tell.