Stageplate Bistro, Glebe Road in Arlington - Closed

Wanted to grab a quick drink and bite with a friend and I thought we'd try Stageplate, having read about it somewhere.  

Meh - they opened in August and their menu still has "coming soon" teasers of appetizers.  There were two and we ordered both - calamari and shrimp.  Completely average  Limited options of wines by the glass.  Entrees were mid 20s to 30s - not sustainable. And a very odd vibe - we both were unsure what to make of the place.

I give it 4 months, tops.

It may explain why they use the terms "backstage", "rock",  "amp," "roadie", "crew", and their logo with the vinyl record, I guess.  I still don't know what a stageplate is though.  I've only been for Happy Hour and their 7 Moons Red Blend for $5 is a good deal.

On 11/29/2018 at 10:25 AM, hopsing said:

Anybody know what is going on with this restaurant?  I walk by it all the time and it has been closed since August and it is still closed.  How can a restaurant temporarily close for 4 months? Here is the latest article about it:

"After Brief Hiatus, Ballston's Stageplate Bistro Plans To Reopen next Month" by Alex Koma on arlnow.com

Shall we all count 1, 2, 3, and holler, "Chicken Shit?"

• Like 1