Bom - Korean Fried Chicken (KFC) at 2440 18th St in Adams Morgan

Had a delicious lunch today during my first visit to Bom on 18th st in the heart of Adams Morgan. It has a rather large menu for a korean-fried chicken place with a similar menu to the BonChon chain plus a bunch of other appetizers and entrees and sides (sides may be identical to BonChon). The food is legit tasty. We started with pickled radish and kimchi. The friendly waiter asked whether we preferred fresh or old/sour kimichi and when we couldn't decide he brought both. Both were very good - I liked the fresh one better while my friend enjoyed the more sour/funky one better.  Next we were served a large stone bowl of bibimbap while we waited for our wings. The bibimbap had a nice over easy egg in the middle surrounded by a mix of fresh veggies and our choice of protein - spicy chicken (there are 3-4 other choices including a vegetarian option). It was very flavorful served with gochujang spicy sauce on the side. It was ample for 2 to share or would make a whole hefty meal for one. Very fresh and well made - the stone bowl was great to get the crispy rice on the bottom.  Finally our wings arrives - we got a mix of wings and 2 drumsticks - half spicy and half soy. Very similar to BonChon and equally yummy. The spicy had some real heat but an enjoyable amount, not melt your face spicy. They also have an ongoing 20% dine-in deal because I guess they get a lot of carryout. It was mostly empty during lunch. I will say the decor was an interesting mix - they have a clubbish bar, then a ton of TVs like a sports bar, and then a bunch of tables for more of a sitdown restaurant vibe. Regardless, we both thought the food was great and a good price for the neighborhood. We plan to add it to the lunch rotation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1