Nunu's Thai Dishes - Strip-Mall Thai in Herdon Center, 410 Elden Street in Herndon

Nunu's Thai dishes located in Herndon (formerly the KMart Shopping Plaza), is new, but owner has been involved in area Thai places for many years.  He will welcome you when you visit and wish you back upon departure.  The food flavorful, and servers accommodate requests easily.  The place is relatively small, but is usually pretty busy.  They offer daily specials (lunch includes soup and a main course), for less than $15.  Have been here several times and it is consistently good.  When in the area and craving authentic Thai food - worth a strong consideration.

restaurant-inside-2

• Like 1

So, I checked out the website, and, if I am not mistaken, Nunu (a picture of him behind the bar is one of the photos) used to be at Thai Tada, further down Elden Street (closer to Worldgate and the Dulles Toll Road).  I thought he was the owner there.  A couple of exchanges on Yelp, of all places, seemed to indicate that Nunu is no longer at Thai Tada, but also that he was not the owner/manager at Thai Tada.  In any event, I will be checking out his new place soon, and thanks for the heads-up!

We also have been there a couple of times. Nunu is the brother of the sister (owner) at Thai Luang and unfortunately they had a falling out many years ago now. His new place is good for Thai food and locally, he's one of the most friendly restauranteurs in the area.