Don Ciccio & Figli

Didn't see a thread on this place.  They produce fantastic (mostly bitter) Italian liquers from their facility in upper Northeast DC. The best thing they do is a free tasting and tour each Saturday, where they let you taste all of their 12 products and talk about them.  Pretty close to 3 Stars if you want to make a day out of it.

The Sirene Amaro and Rhubarbo are my current favorite but they're honestly all delicious and so complex. 

They're opening a new much bigger facility (and bar!) In Ivy City later this year. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/16/2018 at 9:59 PM, funkyfood said:

Didn't see a thread on this place.  They produce fantastic (mostly bitter) Italian liquers from their facility in upper Northeast DC. The best thing they do is a free tasting and tour each Saturday, where they let you taste all of their 12 products and talk about them.  Pretty close to 3 Stars if you want to make a day out of it.

The Sirene Amaro and Rhubarbo are my current favorite but they're honestly all delicious and so complex. 

They're opening a new much bigger facility (and bar!) In Ivy City later this year. 

New facility has opened at 1907 Fairview Ave, NE, DC.

On 7/17/2018 at 12:48 PM, Rieux said:

It’s great. Highly recommend going for a tasting. 

I second this recommendation. @MichaelBDC and I went the other week and went a few weekends ago and tasted the whole selection. We ended up buying a bottle of the Cinque, which is on the more bitter end of the spectrum. Some very interesting flavors across the board. We went into the bar for a drinks but that place is LOUD, so we left after a round. 

• Like 1

Went down here for a tasting and some drinks on Saturday. I'm sorry they have moved out of our neighborhood, but love the space down there. The bar is usually loud, but not this week - the majority of the folks were in the main space at the tables.

I love most of their products. The iron based one does not please me. Everything else...

They released a special long-aged nocino this weekend that is quite tasty. So I brought a bottle of that home! Nothing else this time, but I do keep a lot of his stuff on my home bar. They make good booze.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1