Chiang Mai Thai Cookhouse - Thai on Elm Street in Downtown McLean

Every once in awhile I google map restaurants in McLean and this time something new popped up.  

Chiang Mai Thai Cookhouse does not have a menu on its website.  Instead it states:

Chiang Mai Thai Cookhouse serves delicious, fresh, and authentic Thai cuisine in the nation's capital and Northern Thai. We are open for lunch and dinner seven days a week 
We accept walk-ins only; no reservations.   We have a tiny dining room and can only seat groups of 4 or fewer.   
Our menu changes frequently.  
Our dishes are served as family-style and will be sent to your table once they are made, in no particular order. Not all ingredients are listed, please notify the server of any food allergies or sensitivities.    

I thought about rushing out last night to try it but my early afternoon Amsterdam falafel sandwich told me to keep burping and not stuff more food down my throat. 

• Like 1

Working from home today because traffic around Tysons  this morning was really backed up.  I didn't feel like waiting in traffic so I went back home.

For lunch I visited this joint.  It's a tiny place.  I didn't count how many seats but I think it's less than 20.  There's no place for a host stand, or  a bar.  In fact, I don't know if they have any booze - probably not.

Anyhow, I dropped $20 for lunch and there's nothing special about the place.  As usually, the springs rolls are mostly wrapper and very little vegetable filling.  They tasted fine.  The Gaeng Hoa uses breast meat, has a decent amount of heat, and good flavor.  Due to typical small Thai portions and lack of anything interesting, I probably won't be back.

IMG_2226.JPG.fddf9c1e534c5e7e384a12555f6f5573.JPGIMG_2227.JPG.d6a4ab0e2748483d82e8c01c7ffc231f.JPGIMG_2229.JPGIMG_2230.JPG

• Like 1

On 9/17/2018 at 8:29 PM, Ericandblueboy said:

Every once in awhile I google map restaurants in McLean and this time something new popped up.  

Chiang Mai Thai Cookhouse does not have a menu on its website.  Instead it states:

I thought about rushing out last night to try it but my early afternoon Amsterdam falafel sandwich told me to keep burping and not stuff more food down my throat. 

You know, I drove by this place just yesterday - I was driving north on Old Dominion Drive, took a slight right on Elm Street (I went to see Dr. Gurney), and went in back of the little mall that Greek Taverna, etc. have been in for twenty years. I *thought* I saw a place that I hadn't seen before, but wasn't quite sure - yes, it was Chiang Mai Thai Cookhouse.