The Delegate, in the Marriott Residence Inn at 9th and L Street, Owned by Thompson Hospitality

30 minutes ago, Mark Slater said:

Thompson Hospitality (Matchbox, Austin Grill, American Tap Room, Hen Quarter) is opening the Delegate 5 doors down from Corduroy as part of the new Marriott Courtyard at 901 L St. The Delegate features (surprise, surprise:) Chef driven, Brunch and "Crafted" Cocktails. 

You gonna VIP it?

Screenshot 2018-10-22 at 16.42.35.png

1 hour ago, Mark Slater said:

Thompson Hospitality (Matchbox, Austin Grill, American Tap Room, Hen Quarter) is opening the Delegate 5 doors down from Corduroy as part of the new Marriott Courtyard at 901 L St. The Delegate features (surprise, surprise:) Chef driven, Brunch and "Crafted" Cocktails. 

You omitted Marvelous Market which they also purchased as with Austin Grill. They only recently got their mitts on Matchbox so give them time.

This group befuddles me.  They must make a lot of money with their institutional food business.   Over many years they have invested in restaurants and Marvelous Market and everything they touch goes belly up.   Then they buy something new.

I wouldn’t worry at all about their food being competition.  The good news is that there are that many more hotel rooms close to Corduroy

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaveO said:

You omitted Marvelous Market which they also purchased as with Austin Grill. They only recently got their mitts on Matchbox so give them time.

This group befuddles me.  They must make a lot of money with their institutional food business.   Over many years they have invested in restaurants and Marvelous Market and everything they touch goes belly up.   Then they buy something new.

I wouldn’t worry at all about their food being competition.  The good news is that there are that many more hotel rooms close to Corduroy

In addition to the Marriott Marquis a block away, the Marriott Residence Inn and Marriott Courtyard are on our corner adding about 2,000 rooms to the neighborhood. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mark Slater said:

In addition to the Marriott Marquis a block away, the Marriott Residence Inn and Marriott Courtyard are on our corner adding about 2,000 rooms to the neighborhood. 

Among my visits to Corduroy have been 3 times with out of town friends and their friends/colleagues all attending events at the Convention Center.  While I’ve suggested it they do their own research and they’ve group decided on a reservation at Corduroy.  Good rep

30 minutes ago, Mark Slater said:

The Delegate is comprised of 5 storefronts and is connected to the hotel lobby. 

On 10/22/2018 at 4:12 PM, Mark Slater said:

On 10/22/2018 at 5:51 PM, DaveO said:

Funny small coincidence.  Recently spoke with a grad who had worked at a Thompson restaurant bar for over a year.  He is now a bar manager elsewhere.   When I asked about the Thompson restaurant he responded that The Thompson Group invests in restaurants for "tax reasons"  (ie write offs) b/c they make so much from the institutional side of their business.   Hmmmm.   I strongly strongly doubt the folks at Corporate Thompson share their tax strategies with restaurant employees....but rumors and guesswork always abound.  

I have this "feeling" based on past experiences.  This place will be less than stellar.