The Boston Red Sox (1901-) - American League, East Division (1969-) - 2018 World Series Champions

DonRocks

So sweet to see Manny Machado go down (literally) as the final out.

This was such an amazing team that it would have been a crying shame if they hadn't won the World Series. I know the Red Sox aren't the scrappy underdogs that they're sometimes portrayed as, but after that long World Series drought, including the 1986 Bill Buckner debacle and the 2003 horror against the Yankees, these championships still feel extra special to this lifelong Red Sox fan.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dracisk said:

So sweet to see Manny Machado go down (literally) as the final out.

This was such an amazing team that it would have been a crying shame if they hadn't won the World Series. I know the Red Sox aren't the scrappy underdogs that they're sometimes portrayed as, but after that long World Series drought, including the 1986 Bill Buckner debacle, these championships still feel extra special to this lifelong Red Sox fan.

Good for the Sox, you, and Boston fans.

Bad for the anyone but Boston contingent such as me.  Lol

Congrats: talented team with so many strengths this season

Another special tidbit: Thirty-five-year-old journeyman Steve Pearce, who grew up a Red Sox fan (in Florida -- his dad is from Massachusetts), has played for every team in the AL East. He not only wins the World Series with the Red Sox but is the World Series MVP.