Post-Ravens Game Food Recommendations in Baltimore

dbwebhead

Hello  - looking for pre/post game restaurant recommendations for attending this Sunday's Ravens vs. Browns game.  Does not need to be DC-fancy,  just good, reliable and not a dive.  Some recommendations put forth so far include pre-game brunch at Rye Street Tavern (heard they have excellent fried chicken) , or post-game dinner at either Hersch's (pizza, Italian) or Minnow (seafood), both neighborhood staples.  Woodberry Kitchen out of the lineup this time.  Thoughts and opinions appreciated.  Thanks!

34 minutes ago, dbwebhead said:

Hello  - looking for pre/post game restaurant recommendations for attending this Sunday's Ravens vs. Browns game.  Does not need to be DC-fancy,  just good, reliable and not a dive.  Some recommendations put forth so far include pre-game brunch at Rye Street Tavern (heard they have excellent fried chicken) , or post-game dinner at either Hersch's (pizza, Italian) or Minnow (seafood), both neighborhood staples.  Woodberry Kitchen out of the lineup this time.  Thoughts and opinions appreciated.  Thanks!

Rye Street Tavern has *excellent* fried chicken - some of the best I've ever eaten. Plus, parking is pretty easy, and the atmosphere is wonderful.

8 hours ago, dbwebhead said:

what about Nando Peri-Peri in Fells for post -game, and Ida B’s for pregame brunch.

Spoons, Blue Moon Too, and SoBo Cafe would all be good options for brunch within walking distance (SoBo for dinner as well), although they'll all be packed. I'll second the recommendations for Rye Street Tavern, Hersch's, and Ida B's, and add Shoyou Sushi and Abbey Burger Bistro as reliable neighborhood restaurants.

Thanks to all for the recommendations.  I ended up doing a pre-game brunch at Rye Street Tavern, with a taste of the AC's Famous Fried Chicken (Classic Southern Style) and a Dockside Royale cocktail. Winner-winner chicken dinner?  Well, yes!  I don't make a habit of eating fried chicken, but if I did this would be my go-to place.  Note that the all-you-can eat chicken applies only to Sunday dinner.  It is suggested to call ahead because sometimes they run out of birds. The property is beautiful inside and outside - transporting.

Post-game meal went to Hersh's for a Miles Davis pizza pie with a side of Malfadine duck bolognese and a spot-on Boulevardier.  Everything was excellent and the cost was very reasonable.  Hersch's is a great neighborhood place - sadly not my neighborhood.  The on the corner ambiance was not in a silent way, but young, loud and boisterous. The polar opposite of the tranquil brunch at Rye Street. 

And the Ravens defeated the Browns in a must-win game to get in the playoffs for the first time since 2014.  All-in-all a perfect Baltimore day.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1