What Are You Drinking?

Supernova, from Mallorca based on the Mantonegro variety, has become my go-to red wine during the week when I don't want something as heavy as a cabernet or syrah.  Leans more red fruit than black (but with notes of both, some licorice and prune) and some soil notes but not intensely forest floor, this wine goes well with a broad spectrum of foods, from cheese (not too funky) to burgers to stews.  It isn't dissimilar to a Sta Rita Hills Pinot, and at around $35 (wine.com) its price point also matches its weeknight profile.

Looking around in the fridge tonight, I found a bottle of spicy peach chutney with maybe 2 tablespoons left in it.  Had a small amount of coconut rum in the cabinet, so made jam cocktails tonight.  Shook them up with ice, divided in half and added some seltzer.  Tasty way to use up some dredges.  

• Like 1

On 11/5/2022 at 7:04 PM, Katya4me said:

Visited Cider Lab last weekend, got some crowlers and growlers to bring home. Had a crowler of the orange clove tonight, absolutely delicious. 😋1

1 year later, visited again and this time got 2 growlers of the orange clove. Shared 1 with the family and kept the other for myself.  So good.  

So last weekend, went to a cocktail party and wanted to make a batch cocktail to share. Had some fresh cranberries in the fridge so I made this cranberry Paloma punch.  It went over very well and definitely staying on the keeper list.

Yesterday was the family Christmas celebration and we have some non-drinkers, so I made this naughty gingerbread mocktail.  I doubled the recipe and had ginger beer and sparkling cranberry ginger apple cider for the carbonated beverages in the recipe.  It made for a very delicious spiced cider drink.

• Like 1