Thai Treasure Vienna

There are two Thai Treasures and I don't know if they're related.  They have separate websites.  The one I visited is in Vienna (website).

I think the place is pretty new, a block away from Lotus Garden and Plaka Grill.

What drew me there is their street food and Lao food (but not labeled as such).

I ordered their liver salad (liver laab) - the flavors are bright, the livers are thinly sliced, barely cooked and very tender.  This reminds me of the Padaek beef & innards laab on the secret menu, which has more variety of offal.  If you like liver, you will love this dish.  They didn't ask how spicy I wanted it and it came out not spicy.  Next time I'll ask for some heat.

I also tried their Chinese broccoli with crispy pork belly.  I almost always get this dish if available and I enjoyed it.  The portions here are pretty big, and reasonably priced.  

I ate in because I'm fully vaccinated and no one else was eating there.

There are lots of non-inspiring Thai restaurants (Busara, Neisha, Pasa, etc.) in the area.  This place stands out as being authentic.

IMG_5111.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ericandblueboy said:

There are two Thai Treasures and I don't know if they're related.  They have separate websites.  The one I visited is in Vienna (website).

I think the place is pretty new, a block away from Lotus Garden and Plaka Grill.

What drew me there is their street food and Lao food (but not labeled as such).

IThere are lots of non-inspiring Thai restaurants (Busara, Neisha, Pasa, etc.) in the area.  This place stands out as being authentic.

Thanks for the tip. We used to eat a lot of Thai food, but have really tailed off in the past couple years. Maybe some new places (to us) are what the doctor ordered. I have no interest in liver but will check out the rest of the menu.

Went back to TT to try their Goong Nam Pla - raw shrimp served with sliced garlic with a fiery sauce.  The heat just keeps building until I cried uncle.  And this is just a 2 chili dish.  I think their sauce is overly spicy and lacks other flavor (or maybe I just couldn't taste anything else because it was really spicy).  

I'll go back to try their crispy rice salad.

IMG_5119.jpg

• Like 3