Ellie Bird - by the Owners of Rooster & Owl, 125 Founders Avenue in Falls Church

Recently ate at Ellie Bird in Falls Church and had a wonderful meal. We found the food to be playful, inventive and delicious. Really good cocktails as well. The space is nice, parking is easy and free, and the service was great. Overall very similar to Rooster & Owl, as one would expect, but we actually liked the desserts much better at Ellie Bird.

Other menu highlights for us included the fried oyster larb, cacio e-lote, and lamb shank. We'll definitely be back!

(I didn't see a topic for this yet, but please move or re-tag as needed.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/31/2023 at 1:06 PM, horacebailey14 said:

Other menu highlights for us included the fried oyster larb, cacio e-lote, and lamb shank. We'll definitely be back!

Thank you, Horace! I look at Ellie Bird's menus, and see every type of fusion including Vietnamese, Korean, Italian, Japanese, American, Hawaiian, Thai, German ... wow, I look forward to trying this, but I have no idea what to try - can anyone help?

Cheers,
Rocks

Screenshot 2023-08-01 19.55.43.png

Note: Their website says, "While takeout isn’t available yet, we’ll be launching a takeout option for delivery & pickup in summer 2023."

Yep. Tonight we had bread basket, the oyster larb gai, chicken, and the lamb tonight. Ice cream sundae for dessert. Really enjoyed everything although the larb gai and chicken stood out. Sat at the counter which was fun. Service was attentive but not overly solicitous. I was worried we would be in and out in 45 minutes but didn’t feel rushed at all. Restaurants are expensive now…

• Like 2