Top Chefs to Prepare feast at the Pyramids

Al Dente

Actually, this dinner will be a bargain at only $10,000 a head. The $25,000 dinner was in Bangkok. And what a success it was. From the $1 million generated, they have been able to distribute a whole $61,000 to charities.
Since it is only 10k per head, maybe we should have a road trip - who's in?

Actually, this dinner will be a bargain at only $10,000 a head. The $25,000 dinner was in Bangkok. And what a success it was. From the $1 million generated, they have been able to distribute a whole $61,000 to charities.

It seems to me that if this is a "Charity Event" why would only $61,000 go to charities. When I do charity events I donate my time, food,staff,etc. Surely the remainder of the $1M couldn't be admin. fees and such? Just wondering?

It seems to me that if this is a "Charity Event" why would only $61,000 go to charities. When I do charity events I donate my time, food,staff,etc. Surely the remainder of the $1M couldn't be admin. fees and such? Just wondering?

Sure it could. They pay for all the food items, the travel costs of all the chefs (airfare, hotel, etc.), the items needed for the dining room, the servers, the list goes on. The charity thing is just a bunch of BS.

It seems to me that if this is a "Charity Event*" why would only $61,000 go to charities. When I do charity events I donate my time, food,staff,etc. Surely the remainder of the $1M couldn't be admin. fees and such? Just wondering?

Sure it could. They pay for all the food items, the travel costs of all the chefs (airfare, hotel, etc.), the items needed for the dining room, the servers, the list goes on. The charity thing is just a bunch of BS.

Fundraising Organizations:

*These charities serve as fundraising vehicles for other community-based charities, and appropriately demonstrate smaller overhead spending. The median administrative expenses percentage among fundraising organizations is 6.5%, as compared to 10.0% among all charities.

Fundraising Organizations:

*These charities serve as fundraising vehicles for other community-based charities, and appropriately demonstrate smaller overhead spending. The median administrative expenses percentage among fundraising organizations is 6.5%, as compared to 10.0% among all charities.

In reading the article again it is not a charity dinner. They are just giving away profits and the $25k/head dinner generated the $61k of profit for donation.

Talks are under way with authorities, Ohri said, noting that organizers are "considering" giving profits from the dinner to an organization or charity that deals with conserving the Seven Wonders of the World. The pyramids are the only surviving structure from the traditional list of architectural marvels.

All profits from the $25,000 dinner are going to two charities — Medecins Sans Frontieres, which will be sent a check for $15,000, and the Chaipattana Foundation, a rural development program set up by the king of Thailand, which will receive $46,000, Ohri said.