Honoring beerman

DonRocks

i didn't see anything about the site being down today- is everything ok with beerman?

I'm sad to say that Damon - one of Monique's best friends - passed away yesterday morning in his sleep, one day before his 40th birthday. I'm sorry I never got a chance to meet him.

I'm sad to say that Damon - one of Monique's best friends - passed away yesterday morning in his sleep, one day before his 40th birthday. I'm sorry I never got a chance to meet him.
That's really sad, my heart goes out to Monique and all of the rest of Damon's friends and family.

Those of you who attended the Corduroy dinner and the last Ray's dinner, both over a year ago, will remember that there was "a loud table." Others there didn't know what they were missing. The people at these tables, myself included at the Ray's dinner, were loud with laughter and fun.

Damon was the main reason for all of that laughter.

He was one of those rare people who was instantly your friend, regardless of who you were, where you spent your days, or what you ate.

Many people could use some of that laughter right now. It's cheesy, I know, but it's true.

I met Damon at the Corduroy dinner at the Rowdy table, and it was instantly obvious that he was a really cool, chill, very funny guy, as even those in the kitchen could tell from the echoing sounds of Monique's laughter. I had the opportunity to spend a few more evenings with him - all of which were hilariously fun. It saddens me that there won't be more such nights.

Those of you who attended the last Ray's dinner, both over a year ago, will remember that there was "a loud table." Others there didn't know what they were missing. The people at these tables, myself included at the Ray's dinner, were loud with laughter and fun.
I am so very sad to read this. I was one of those people at the loud table at the Ray's dinner and had the pleasure of meeting Damon and continuing the evening with him and Monique and some tequila next door. While I only met Damon a couple of times, he was larger than life in many ways - physically, his laugh, his kind and open personality. What a tragic loss.

Dr.com family,

Thank you for your love, care and concern. It means a lot to me. This is such an amazing community, and i'm glad that Damon had the opportunity to enjoy it and contribute to it. Ah, yes, the rowdy table.

Yes, Drive-by Critic, Damon was the Anacostia Riverkeeper some years ago. He was appointed by Mayor Williams, and was the first African-American Riverkeeper in the United States. He also worked for the Sierra Club Legal Defense Fund (before it became Earthjustice), the Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights, opened a law practice, and most recently worked for the Department of Transportation. Damon and I met and became friends in law school (15 years ago!), and he was like family to me. He had a hearty laugh, a generous heart, a love of family and friends, and impeccable taste. Oh, and a flair for making grand entrances. His friends and family are shocked and devastated by his death, and we will miss him terribly.

Monique DC