Looking for Private Room

bonaire

Hi all -- I'm looking for recommendations for a private room for a birthday party for a few 30-something girls. We're looking for a bar, not a sit-down restaurant (although a restaurant with a large bar or private room would work). It'll likely be between 40 and 60 people. We're hoping for something kind of laid back (not chi-chi, frou-frou, or pricey-pricey). We're not crazy, nor are our friends, so it'll be a pretty low-key event. NoVA or DC ok, not MD. Any suggestions?

I thought that there was a separate thread with discussion of places w/ private rooms but couldn't find it. Please move this if it exists!

Thanks so much in advance!

Anne

Hi all -- I'm looking for recommendations for a private room for a birthday party for a few 30-something girls. We're looking for a bar, not a sit-down restaurant (although a restaurant with a large bar or private room would work). It'll likely be between 40 and 60 people. We're hoping for something kind of laid back (not chi-chi, frou-frou, or pricey-pricey). We're not crazy, nor are our friends, so it'll be a pretty low-key event. NoVA or DC ok, not MD. Any suggestions?

I thought that there was a separate thread with discussion of places w/ private rooms but couldn't find it. Please move this if it exists!

Thanks so much in advance!

Anne

What day of the week and what time range?

Aroma in Cleveland Park. And you can bring in your own food.

Make sure you call ahead and either reserve the space or check that the space isn't already reserved. Texting 30 some odd people to let them know you've moved to another bar down the street is not a fun way to start a bday celebration.

I doubt they would hold it on a Friday, either. I'm trying to plan a work good-bye party for about 20-30 people on Friday the 19th. We've gotten a table at Ozio's before, and at one point took over a chunk of tables at the (hated) Front Page, but this is the first one I'm organizing, and I'd like it to be nice. Happy hour atmosphere to start ending with dancing (and we can move if we need to, to meet both needs). Are there any other suggestions?

kate