Potato Valley Cafe, Annapolis

Has anyone tried the Potato Valley Cafe? I'm at jury duty today and walked by on my way here. Thinking about trying it for lunch, but I didn't see any comments. Anyone been?

ETA:Sorry about the weird topic heading. Tiny screens are convenient in some ways, but not so much in others.

I put this place on the same level as Camille's and SoHo. It's somewhere that is acceptable in a pinch, but not a place to go out of your way to.

If you want something cheap, quick, and good, go to 1791 Deli next to Proof. They always have a couple good specials and their ingredients are fresh.

Does anyone know the difference (if any) between Hot Potato Cafe (this new thread) and Potato Valley Cafe (this current thread)? I have a feeling they're the same thing, but I'm not quite sure. Please advise - I'm trying to update the Dining Guide correctly. I've never been to either, but I did manage to go to Devon and Blakely for the first time today - does that count for anything?

Not much,

Rocks.

Oh, I have no idea, it is in the same spot it just has a different name, and when you go to the website it only gives you the ability to order online (with a helpful UK phone number - you never know when you might need to order a baked potato in DC while sitting in Leeds).

Oh, I have no idea, it is in the same spot it just has a different name, and when you go to the website it only gives you the ability to order online (with a helpful UK phone number - you never know when you might need to order a baked potato in DC while sitting in Leeds).

Right. So you're at the point where I was (after 20 minutes of internet research) when I posed the initial question. :)

Yes, but I walked past it two days ago, I remember it being Potato Valley Cafe on a previous walk-by.

There is another difference, I am sure that when you saw the UK number you thought, "wow, the next time I am in Oxford..." much better taste then those of us that would find ourselves in Leeds or even worse Dundee.

Potato Valley Cafe is closed in Las Vegas (I confirmed that on the internet), and has changed ownership and names in DC (it's now Hot Potato Cafe). However, I called the Annapolis branch, and the gentleman was somewhat taken back when I asked if they were still in business - they are. So my best guess (and it's only a guess) is that they spun off their distant operations, and have decided to focus only on Annapolis. Or, perhaps they sold everything, and the Annapolis location retains the same name under different ownership. Regardless, this thread clearly belongs in the Baltimore and Annapolis forum.

Cheers,

Rocks

Does anyone know the difference (if any) between Hot Potato Cafe (this new thread) and Potato Valley Cafe (this current thread)? I have a feeling they're the same thing, but I'm not quite sure.

Ooops! I'm mortified -- maybe this is what it feels like when two ladies wear the same dress to a cocktail party. So much for matching threads. I embarrassed to say that I tried to find an existing thread of PVC in the Dining Guide beforehand.

Ooops! I'm mortified -- maybe this is what it feels like when two ladies wear the same dress to a cocktail party. So much for matching threads. I embarrassed to say that I tried to find an existing thread of PVC in the Dining Guide beforehand.

This is not a major moral issue. (It was in the Multiple Locations section before; now, it's here.)