JPW

Dinner - The Polyphonic Food Blog

10,681 posts in this topic

Ramen with tofu, spring onion, and hard-boiled egg.  The ramen is Lotus millet and brown rice ramen (Costco), cooked in boxed 365 chicken broth. Once about done, tamari sauce went in, followed by sliced spring onion from Eastern Market, with leftover diced cooked extra firm tofu and sliced hard-boiled egg.

1 person likes this

Braised short ribs over rosemary mashed potatoes.

I've got to start getting more salad/greens back on the menu.

This weekend MK was mostly working, so I didn't cook a lot.  I did make yakitori noodles (somewhat pre-cooked out of a package at the local Asian supermaket- they were great though, looking for them again), with ground beef, green peppers, onion, cabbage, pickled carrot and radish and yakitori sauce.  Banana Bread for dessert.

Chili Paneer - First time making this Indo-Chinese dish, basically an Indian tomato sauce mixed with soy sauce, fried paneer and sauteed green pepper.  Excellent and instantly added to the rotation.

Kodava Mushroom Curry - This dish is a regular on my Indian food rotation.

Andhra-Style Sauteed Spinach - I had some spinach that needed using up so give it a shot.  Not bad, a pleasant side dish.

Chana Masala - Still struggling with this dish.  Flavor is solid, but I can't get the chickpeas to cook properly.  I soaked them overnight and then boiled them for almost an hour and they were cooked but not tender.  Work in progress!

1 person likes this

Tonight maybe one of the last meals in my kitchen here in Columbus.  Taking advantage of the beautiful warm weather, I am going to grill chicken tenders that have been marinating in yogurt and Tandori spices.  I am also making a vegetable curry with the addition of kidney beans, because that's what I have!

I'm reheating an individual serving casserole I made of orecchiette and shredded short rib in tomato sauce with a ricotta/parm/egg layer and havarti and parm on top.  The pasta was well past it's best by date and everything else had been in the fridge quite a while.