Electric Tea Kettles

squidsdc

I hadn't realized there were so many out there and in so many price ranges! Our standard stovetop tea kettle is finally showing rust signs after 30 yrs so I thought we'd replace it with the electric kind. I'm overwhelmed with the choices so any help is greatly appreciated!

We have the Breville too as we make a lot of tea.  It's fine.  Hubby doesn't like that you can't wash it easily.  I like the different settings for different teas in terms of temperature and steep time, as we make a lot of different types of teas.  I think if you aren't really into tea that I would just get a simple warm the hot water type, but Hubby loves really nice loose leaf varieties and likes making big pots of iced teas and etc.  It works very well, we have had it now for at least a year, maybe two.  

• Like 1

Teapot or tea kettle?  My inner Brit is horrified that anyone would wash a teapot. Or are we really just rinsing? As to a tea kettle, why would anyone wash one of those? Does the latest technology require new procedures? Apparently I'm behind the times.  Nothing new there, as it were.

Teapot or tea kettle?  My inner Brit is horrified that anyone would wash a teapot. Or are we really just rinsing? As to a tea kettle, why would anyone wash one of those? Does the latest technology require new procedures? Apparently I'm behind the times.  Nothing new there, as it were.

It combines both pot and kettle into one electric device (which is glass with electronics on the bottom, and does tend to get tea stains).  When it is crusty you are supposed to run some stuff in it (of course made by Breville and using anything else could void the warranty) to clean it.  It is hard to rinse out because the bottom really isn't supposed to get exposed to water, so you have to rinse fairly carefully.  Hubby set it on the bottom of the wet sink one time to clean it and it stopped working for a few days.