Robeks, A California-Based Smoothie and Juice Chain - In Numerous Area Locations

Robeks, which had been on Clarendon Blvd in Courthouse just closed last week.   Too bad.  I enjoyed their fruity healthy smoothies.   Shots of mega vitamins with neato flavors.

Robeks was immediately adjacent to Me Jana on one side and on the other side of the building and block is Ray's the Steaks.   In fact across the street is Fire Works Pizza.   They are of course all busy.  Rays and Me Jana are destination places;  I suspect often from afar.  Fire Works seems very crowded and gets a huge crowd from nearby.

But alas, Robeks never seemed tremendously busy and despite the aforementioned great restaurants its a quiet street with little everyday foot traffic.

But I'll miss ya, Robeks.   ;)

The majority of my friends from California who frequent Robek's use it as a substitute for Jamba Juice.

Once Jamba Juice opened in DC, it was pretty much the end for Robek's.  The quality and taste is notably different.

The majority of my friends from California who frequent Robek's use it as a substitute for Jamba Juice.

Once Jamba Juice opened in DC, it was pretty much the end for Robek's.  The quality and taste is notably different.

I also use Robek's as a substitute for Jamba Juice. I'll go to Robek's in a pinch for a fruit-based liquid lunch, but Jamba Juice is just better.

I also prefer JJ much more than Robek's.  For those that monitor such things: calories and sugar content are significant at both and can vary widely depending on the "drink" so caveat emptor,

Yes, unfortunately, a "Chocolate Peanut Butter Muscle-Building Protein Monster Shake" is going to have about 1,000 calories more than something made with blueberries and bananas (and even *those* can be sneaky-fattening, so watch out for the calorie counts on everything).

2 hours ago, stevem said:

Yep. Weird location and I wonder how the Z Pizza also stays open. 

Well, the front of that shopping center has a *lot* of street traffic, with an easy in-out if you're traveling eastbound on Route 7; it's the stores in back (yes, there is a back) that cannot possibly be thriving - who in the world even knows they're there? Did you know there is (or was) an Indian grocery store there with really good, inexpensive, frozen Indian entrees?

Z Pizza stays open because they sell slices.

• Like 1