Riedel's, Van Ness - Crystallized.

but it looks like they are offering two-for-one dinner entrees Sunday through Wednesday in September

In my experience this has been the anguished, pleading cry of a restaurant in its death throes. Has anybody been recently? Didn't they just "re-model"?

My boyfriend and I got takeout, but have never eaten there. The burgers were OK, but the process of getting them was a comedy of errors. Asked for mayo only, no lettuce or tomato; received l&t, no mayo. Asked for no cheese, received cheese. And the service was slooooooow, but friendly.

October 11th--I'm sitting here with the phone to my ear, hoping they will answer and tell me they have re-opened.  So far it's been 2 minutes with no answer.

Thwarted again...

Dinner will be an assortment of leftovers instead....

Sigh.

Jennifer

Drove past it this evening -- everything dark, shuttered...

Riedel - a very expensive crystal wine tasting glass used by the "wine cognoscenti" or very rich folk...Riedel a BBQ restaurant, c'mon down y'all we're havin' a square dance later, but right now, we gettin' us some fixin's...Which is it? Maybe the concept is a bit confused in a neighborhood that has not proven to be a Foodie Haven? Schlotzky's is pretty good though, I mean if you really LIKE a chain of Muffaletta copying fast food deli sandwiches - weird bread though!

It was very dark when we drove past this evening.

Edited to add on Tuesday: Just called now--person who answered didn't know when they were reopening... The owner wasn't in. Sigh. It's sad how little there is to eat around Van Ness that I've become obsessed with the reopening...

Jennifer

Edited by bookluvingbabe

To my Van Ness neighbors: wouldn't it be nice to have approval rights over what takes over this space? Ah...it's great to dream.

We'll probably get stuck with more dreck. Another horrible Chinese restaurant. Another chain to go along with the oh-so-popular KFC/Taco Bell combo.

To my Van Ness neighbors:  wouldn't it be nice to have approval rights over what takes over this space?  Ah...it's great to dream. 

We'll probably get stuck with more dreck.  Another horrible Chinese restaurant.  Another chain to go along with the oh-so-popular KFC/Taco Bell combo.

It's just bleak.... We certainly supported Riedel's and would support something else that was new, original and tasty. Give us a Two Amy's, a Dino or a Buck's. We'd be there once a week at least!

The options for a quick dinner or carryout just aren't there and I hate having to find parking and fight traffic if I want to go down to Cleveland Park or up Connecticut Avenue... I was out of town last week and Mr. BLB ordered a sub sandwich from Besta Pizza! That's just sad....

I note that the coffee place up by the car wash still hasn't opened. I haven't tried the new place next to Charlie Changs but it doesn't look that appealing.

Sigh...

Jennifer