Breakfast and Cocktails Early Saturday Morning

ohstate

All,

I'm hoping you can help me find a breakfast place that serves good food and bloody marys early Saturday morning. We're headed to the Eagle Bank bowl game at RFK. The game starts at 11, and we'd like to get to the stadium early to see the Brigade walk on if we can. Any recs, either in Alexandria/Del Ray or on the way to RFK? We'll have a car, so metro accessible isn't a requirement.

Thanks!

Go Navy!

edit: Casual dining is probably the best, as we'll be attired for whatever weather the game brings.

All,

I'm hoping you can help me find a breakfast place that serves good food and bloody marys early Saturday morning. We're headed to the Eagle Bank bowl game at RFK. The game starts at 11, and we'd like to get to the stadium early to see the Brigade walk on if we can. Any recs, either in Alexandria/Del Ray or on the way to RFK? We'll have a car, so metro accessible isn't a requirement.

Thanks!

Go Navy!

edit: Casual dining is probably the best, as we'll be attired for whatever weather the game brings.

Unless you want to try the Tune Inn (don't know how their Bloody Marys are), that's pretty early for what you're looking for, as far as the RFK end. The breakfast places I can think of on the Hill aren't going to be selling alcohol, and brunches start a little late for what you want. I think Tunnicliffs (7th Street, SE, opposite Eastern Market) starts serving at 10AM, so if you got there right when they opened, you might be able to swing it. The problem with that would be finding parking.

ETA: Hawk and Dove is open at 10 too, though I stopped eating the food there a while ago. Don't know how it is now. Tunnicliffs usually has decent brunch food.

What about in the G'town/Dupont/Foggy Bottom area? Around 9:30am? Can't think of anything right now...Thanks!!

Here are a few ideas. Blue Duck Tavern's website says they're open daily for breakfast at 6:30 am, and the Daily Grill Georgetown's website says they open at 6:30 am. Firefly's website says they're open from 8am-10am for breakfast on Saturdays. Unclear what the cocktail situation is for breakfast. :angry:

What about in the G'town/Dupont/Foggy Bottom area? Around 9:30am? Can't think of anything right now...Thanks!!

I have the list that Rovers2000 and I compiled for the brunch guide (not yet published here due to technical reasons) as two .odt documents; one is alphabetical, the other is by area. Send me a pm with your email address and I'll email it to you. (anyone, not just goodeats; I can also send as .doc or pdf)

Call the Dubliner 202-737-3773 to see if they can get you drinks when they open for breakfast at 7:30 AM. Their website says that the bar opens at 11, but I've seen folks enjoying Bloodies and such before then. It should be OK since they're part of the Phoenix Park. DC law allows 8 AM anyway.

It's right by Union Station, a quick shot out Mass Ave to RFK.