Vietnamese near Farragut North?

myzuk

Anyone know of place where I can get some Vietnamese near the Farragut North metro station? Or am I destined to take the 38B bus to Pho 75 in Arlington?

You'd be much better advised -- schedule-wise, anyway, it's been a long time since I tried the food at Pho 75, so I can't comment on that -- to take the Red Line from Farragut North to Cleveland Park and Nam-Viet Pho 79 which, gets mixed but generally positive reviews here. If nothing else, you'll save an hour-and-a-half public transport time.

Anyone know of place where I can get some Vietnamese near the Farragut North metro station? Or am I destined to take the 38B bus to Pho 75 in Arlington?
Well, it's going to be a slight walk either way. There is an "Asian Bistro" that has some Vietnamese on 19th & L, I think and then there's one in Dupont, somewhat close, described here.

There is an "Asian Bistro" that has some Vietnamese on 19th & L

This place is really not good. If you're truly stuck in Farragut North, and determined to eat Vietnamese, I think you'd be better off trying to find some at Nooshi or Cafe Asia (or, does Singapore Bistro have any Vietnamese on their pan-Asian menu? They do Malaysian/Indonesian style cooking really well).

Well, if I were stuck in Farragut Square and I really wanted good Vietnamese food, I would spring for the $20 cab ride each way to Present in Falls Church. But that's just me....

The Metro will take you via the Orange Line into Arlington (I think you need to walk over to Farragut West), and Minh's (2500 Wilson Blvd.) and Nam Viet (1127 N. Hudson St.) are near Clarendon.

Cafe Asia is credible but I'm sick and tired of these pan-Asian fusion places. But occasionally, they get something right. It's just that, the day you show up looking for Hanoi beef soup, they're getting the Pad Thai right....

I've never tried it so can't speak towards its quality, but there is an Asian noodle/pho place on L between 19th and 20th. I believe it's called Noodles Fresh or something like that.... Whenever I've walked by it's been pretty populated, but that could be due to the lack of lunch spots in the area.

I've never tried it so can't speak towards its quality, but there is an Asian noodle/pho place on L between 19th and 20th. I believe it's called Noodles Fresh or something like that.... Whenever I've walked by it's been pretty populated, but that could be due to the lack of lunch spots in the area.

That would be Asian Bistro as mentioned above...and the pho is pretty bad. Some of the stuff used to be edible but it has been sold a few times and has gone downhill. Nooshi is right around the corner and is much better. As for the "Fresh" you are thinking of, it happens to be next door to another restaurant called Fresh Meal (a sandwich shop that was formerly known as Picnic)