Picnic fixins near Union Station/Cap South

MBK

Looking for a place to pick up picnic stuff (I'm thinking prosciutto, bread, prosecco - but am flexible) somewhere near Union Station or Capitol South. My brain is absolutely blanking. Help?

Could you schlep up to Eastern Market? I can't think of anything close to Union Station or Capitol South.

I know :rolleyes: Eastern Market has plenty of choices -- but that would be going in the wrong direction and I'm pretty sure I can't fit a trip up there into the schedule. Although I may have to...

It's sort of between Gallery Place and Union Station but the new Safeway on Mass Ave looks really nice. (didn't buy anything but water but was blown away at how nice it looked)...

Also, there is a Marvelous Market at Cap South and a liquour store... might have what you need.

It's sort of between Gallery Place and Union Station but the new Safeway on Mass Ave looks really nice. (didn't buy anything but water but was blown away at how nice it looked)...

Also, there is a Marvelous Market at Cap South and a liquour store... might have what you need.

Where's the Marvelous Market at Cap South? I thought it was at Eastern Market...

Gandel's in the 200 block of PA, SE, is a liquor store/deli. I don't know if they sell meat to go or not, but they have pretty good sandwiches. There's a Firehook right there too for bread. Roland's, in the 400 block, is a corner store that sells meat and I think has a deli counter. Haven't been there in a while, so I'm not sure.

I know :rolleyes: Eastern Market has plenty of choices -- but that would be going in the wrong direction and I'm pretty sure I can't fit a trip up there into the schedule. Although I may have to...

Also in the slightly outside your desired location category: Taylor on H Street NE otherwise fits the bill quite well. Only a mile from Union Station, no metro station though you could take the X2 bus.