KC Pit BBQ Truck, A Georgia-based Operation Closed for Drug Trafficking and Money Laundering

Oxymoron. If you want REAL BBQ, you should look to Kansas City, the barbeque capital of the planet.

Did I miss a mention of the how-can-you-miss-the-BIG-Kansas-City-BBQ-place depicted below? I was driving along New York Avenue & 7th NW (or 8th?) and it was just staring at me like a mega Mack. Oh, wait, it is. Anyone have any info on it?

post-2127-125494523214_thumb.jpg

Did I miss a mention of the how-can-you-miss-the-BIG-Kansas-City-BBQ-joint-mention of the place depicted below? I was driving along New York Avenue & 7th NW (or 8th?) and it was just staring at me like a mega Mack. Oh, wait, it is. Anyone have any info on it?

No info but as a Missouri girl, I'm definitely intrigued.

Did I miss a mention of the how-can-you-miss-the-BIG-Kansas-City-BBQ-place depicted below? I was driving along New York Avenue & 7th NW (or 8th?) and it was just staring at me like a mega Mack. Oh, wait, it is. Anyone have any info on it?

I think the truck is at New York and 6th. The company is out of Sandy Springs, Georgia. I also read that they are testing the market, and that they would be there until tonight. Here are some early reports from a couple of highly reliable Chowhounds:

Well, well, well.

12/24/13 - "Feds: BBQ Joint Masked Huge Drug Ring" by Phil W. Hudson on bizjournals.com

12/24/13 - "KC Pit BBQ Truck Owners in Drug Trafficking, Laundering Scheme" by Chelsea Cariker on ajc.com

Just to be perfectly clear (and fair), this truck is no longer here, correct? If new owners have bought it and are running a legitimate operation, I don't want to harm them.

And to think I just power-watched "Narcos."

Has this story even been reported in the DC area? (I'm not talking about the Department of Justice.)