Hot Dog Carts

In my experience, there is no "best," they are all about the same. I mean, there is only so much you can do with hot water and a sabretts dog. All of the condiments come out of gallon jugs from the Costco. The only differentiating factor is location. The best dog for you is the one from the cart closest to your office.

Edited to add: Shogun, what a find. a cart that grills the dogs and uses home made chili to boot. All I ever see is the "dirt water dog" variety of cart.

Edited by Jacques Gastreaux

In my experience, there is no "best," they are all about the same. 

Are you not counting the "hotdog cart" at Galileo? OK, so I'm trying to be funny.

Next week, chef will probably have a hotdog cart (an Italian hotdog cart) on the

terrace. Then I will be truly confused.

I wonder if someone could do that, set up a grill on the street corner and grill dogs and burgers or what ever...I know roberto was doing that when he started the grill concept and people/city complained thus having to move inside, but could you set up shop in the middle of Dupont Circle...would you be able (assuming you could get the correct vendor permits) or would DC not go for it...Weber Grill in the Circle.

Edited by Tweaked