Dinner for 85 People, Near Metro Stop in DC

wahoooob

Okay here's one - how about for a group of 85ish? Not sure about budget - maybe around $3-4k?

Where? I really love the new lounge space at Kora in Crystal City. Bilrus suggested 2941 upthread. The place in Rosslyn just reopened - the culinary school/place has private party space too.

Okay here's one - how about for a group of 85ish? Not sure about budget - maybe around $3-4k?

Do you have a specific date and time of day?

Restaurants LOVE threads like this, and I made it a separate thread so they can take note and contact you. With 85 people (or even 50 people), you'd probably be able to close off quite a few restaurants and have them all to yourselves - in fact, with most places, that's the way it's going to be.

Are there any other specifics you can offer? The more detail you give, the better.

Do you have a specific date and time of day?

Restaurants LOVE threads like this, and I made it a separate thread so they can take note and contact you. With 85 people (or even 50 people), you'd probably be able to close off quite a few restaurants and have them all to yourselves - in fact, with most places, that's the way it's going to be.

Are there any other specifics you can offer? The more detail you give, the better.

I recently held my wife's 40th birthday party at Restaurant 3. They did a great job.

Thanks for the help guys and the split Don. Some more details:

Budget: After getting a few quotes from places $3-4k seems doable, but on the low low end (not including alcohol and tax/tip). Still trying to nail this down - would be ideal to keep it around this range, but could stretch a little bit more I would think.

Location: Guest accommodations still TBD, right now it seems like it most out-of-town guests may be staying either near Gallery Place/Metro Center or West End, so close to those two areas would be nice.

Date: October 29, 2010

Time: TBD, perhaps around 6-7pm (for 3-4 hours?)

Food type: Anything goes really, casual is fine. Would like to avoid thinks such as Cheesecake, etc.

The other option was to just find "space" and try and do catering and BOO (bring our own), but not sure how that would work.