Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Lunch at New Kam Fong

DanielK

Sadly, due to some interesting scheduling changes at work, I may have to cancel. I'll find out tomorrow (or rather, later today) and make sure to let you know before Monday.

I'm in the same boat...woke up to an email regarding an "urgent" work meeting that I'll be needing to stop in for which will preclude me from getting out to NKF. Didn't want to clog up a spot if there is someone that wants in at the last minute.

:angry:

Let me add my thanks to DanielK and deangold for their work in organizing and setting up this feast. Amazing that the whole thing was set up and put together in under a week...and 25 or so people showed up and ate like kings. I've tried to list all the dishes in a post on my blog, though it's entirely possible I've forgotten something. If I have, or if I've misnamed/misidentified a dish, let me know and I'll add that dish.

Oyeter casserole, the fried fish which had baby anchovies as well as chiles, the eel which was insanely good but just too much by that point in the meal and the ioyster casserole which had items from three important food groups: ginger, oysters & fried grease. The Abalone was my downfall. I was at a point of total fullness and I just kept on eating the abalone.

I finally met a force of personality to make mine seem small. No I did not meet Michael Landrum, it was our waitress. She just didn't get the fact that we wanted two of each dish. Even with an obscene amount of food, it was only $35 per person with about 25% leftovers!

Oyeter casserole, the fried fish which had baby anchovies as well as chiles, the eel which was insanely good but just too much by that point in the meal and the ioyster casserole which had items from three important food groups: ginger, oysters & fried grease. The Abalone was my downfall. I was at a point of total fullness and I just kept on eating the abalone.

I finally met a force of personality to make mine seem small. No I did not meet Michael Landrum, it was our waitress. She just didn't get the fact that we wanted two of each dish. Even with an obscene amount of food, it was only $35 per person with about 25% leftovers!

And the leftovers were delicious, tepid. My husband had our leftovers for a late lunch. The eel was amazingly good at home.

Indeed. Muchas gracias to Dean and Daniel. When I tasted that BBQ duck, I swooned with joy! Other great dishes included the fried salt-and-pepper fish, the mushroom-and-snowpea-leaves dish, and again that oyster casserole.

Rob

Thank You to everyone, especially Dean and Dan.

The food was incredible, even the kids ate great. Not a tofu fan (but that is just my taste buds), the oyster casserole was definitely my very pleasant surprise today.