DC Curbside Cookoff, October 7-8

agm

I thought I'd find an existing topic - if I missed it, please delete.

Always wanted to try that street vendor your friends are always talking about but never had time? Always seem to miss the hottest new food trucks when they're in your neighborhood? Want to see some amazing art and performances? Now is your chance.

The District’s 20 most popular street vendors will converge in downtown DC on October 7 and 8 for two full days of art, music, dance and of course the best food the vendors have to offer.

http://dcra.dc.gov/DC/DCRA/For+Business/2010+Curbside+Cookoff

Will they be having full food offerings in the evening hours too? I've always wanted to try DC/Arlington food carts but I don't work or live anywhere around there...

Yes, if someone goes tonight, please report back. I was thinking of stopping in tomorrow, but I wonder how they plan to sustain their operation for so long a time when they're usually out for only a few hours a day.

Yes, if someone goes tonight, please report back. I was thinking of stopping in tomorrow, but I wonder how they plan to sustain their operation for so long a time when they're usually out for only a few hours a day.

I know! I thought it was going to be an after hours event both days and was surprised that it was an all day event. One thought, though, is that would be a great area for a permanent food trailer court like they have in Austin and other places.

Headed over with co-workers for lunch and the place was mobbed. Pretty much all of the main food trucks had lines that would take you at least 45 minutes. Some of the dessert carts had smaller lines. We couldn't afford that much time and left.

Just walked past. There are at least 12 food carts and of those, I saw 3 that were sweets alone. And yes, at 1pm the lines were super super long...easily 45 min wait for an overpriced cupcake or the carts that smelled particularly good. no beer van. seems like a great event for a beer van. Yes, I know it's a workday but it's BEAUTIFUL outside.

I wonder how many will be there during the day? The Yellow Cart is still sitting in front of my building and obviously not there.

At ~12:20p there were about 16-17 trucks. The Lobster truck was 50 minutes late in arriving. Lines look to average a 20 minute to 1 hour wait with District Taco and Lobster Truck having the longest lines.

@The Doctor "Yes, if someone goes tonight, please report back. I was thinking of stopping in tomorrow, but I wonder how they plan to sustain their operation for so long a time when they're usually out for only a few hours a day."

I asked the Lobster Guy if he was staying all day and would he have enough food. He said yes; he has about 240 lbs of lobster and is prepared. I imagine the other trucks are similarly prepared.

At ~12:20p there were about 16-17 trucks. The Lobster truck was 50 minutes late in arriving. Lines look to average a 20 minute to 1 hour wait with District Taco and Lobster Truck having the longest lines.

@The Doctor "Yes, if someone goes tonight, please report back. I was thinking of stopping in tomorrow, but I wonder how they plan to sustain their operation for so long a time when they're usually out for only a few hours a day."

I asked the Lobster Guy if he was staying all day and would he have enough food. He said yes; he has about 240 lbs of lobster and is prepared. I imagine the other trucks are similarly prepared.

Not prepared enough apparently -- I decided to scope the place out around 6:30. The line was at least 100 long, and one of their reps came out to about the halfway point and said they only had enough lobster left for that many people.

The Takorean truck was just putting up a "sold out" sign, and an empty Sweetbites truck was driving off the premises.