Sushi near Dulles

DanielK

Yep. One of the best in northern Virginia is Mikaku Sushi Taro in McLearan Square. The exact address is 3065 Centreville Rd, Herndon, VA 20171 for your GPS. I eat here often -- it is distantly related to Sushi Taro downtown, and has received great reviews. In fact, if you had asked "what's the best restaurant of any kind in the Dulles area" I would have mentioned Mikaku Sushi Taro in my top three, at least.

Yep. One of the best in northern Virginia is Mikaku Sushi Taro in McLearan Square. The exact address is 3065 Centreville Rd, Herndon, VA 20171 for your GPS. I eat here often -- it is distantly related to Sushi Taro downtown, and has received great reviews. In fact, if you had asked "what's the best restaurant of any kind in the Dulles area" I would have mentioned Mikaku Sushi Taro in my top three, at least.

I'll second that--it's a haul for us but definitely a good step up from everything else in the area. If memory serves, they have a tatami room that might be reservable for your group. Don't overlook the one page specials sheet. The ika "noodles" are a favorite of mine, but I'm sure it's a texture thing that doesn't work for some people.

I need a backup - Mikaku isn't open on Mondays!!

I haven't been to Hooked in awhile now (going on two years), but I've always liked it, and they had good, fresh fish - either done raw or as sushi. I don't remember the quality of their sushi rice; I merely remember walking out happy the 2-3 times I've been although it wasn't cheap.

This is where I'd roll the dice on, with the caveat that I'm not as current as I should be. Here's their menu.

I've been to Matsutake (the mushrooms are in full swing, btw) in Worldgate once and enjoyed it well enough - it might serve in you in a pinch, but I'd still go to Passion Fish first.

Cheers,

Rocks.

I forgot to report back.

We went to Kumo sushi, and it was good. My colleagues were in to rolls rather than regular sushi, and I managed to stay away from the crazy ones. But the service was excellent, and fish was fresh, so it worked out just fine.

I've since been to the new Nippon on Elden St. for their lunch buffet, which was very good, especially considering the $9.95 price.