Best Store for Gin

bookluvingbabe

DC, hell, go to VA to hit an ABC store. There, within those hallowed walls, you can get Gilbey's AND...wait for it...Beefeater's!!! I know, right!? Amazing!!!

VA ABC doesn't always have a huge selection but it's not always bad - the usuals, plus some extra. At least, in this area.

I wouldn't go out of my WAY to go to an ABC store but I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand.

VA ABC doesn't always have a huge selection but it's not always bad - the usuals, plus some extra. At least, in this area.

I wouldn't go out of my WAY to go to an ABC store but I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand.

I'm just trying to be funny (poorly, admittedly). I actually buy my Hendrick's and Plymouth at ABC stores. I just bought Bluecoat, an American Dry Gin made in Philly, at a Fairfax ABC store. Pretty bottle but it's not a gin I need to keep on hand. When I feel like rum-running, I'll head into DC to Ace and bring liquor back across state lines. Hopefully, the feds can't trace my avatar here.

Which liquor stores in DC have the best selections of gin?

I'm hosting a friend this weekend and she wants to buy me gin so we can have cocktails at home. The more interesting selection the better.

Thanks!

My go-to guy is Ben at the Magruder's Wine and Spirit shop at Chevy Chase Circle. He is really easy to work with. If they don't have something in stock, he can probably order what you want from the distributor.