Birthday Lunch in Northern Virginia

Soup

For her bday wish, she wants a great lunch somewhere in NOVA or DC. She mentioned 2941. I just called and they have no prefix menu for lunch. I thought they did?

Anyone know a good place with nice suroundings where we can get a very nice lesurily meal?

Soup

For her bday wish, she wants a great lunch somewhere in NOVA or DC. She mentioned 2941. I just called and they have no prefix menu for lunch. I thought they did?

Anyone know a good place with nice suroundings where we can get a very nice lesurily meal?

Soup

You could have a leisurely lunch at 2941 even though it isn't a prix fixe menu - just order three small plates each and nibble your way through. The other obvious "nice" option in Northern Virginia is Restaurant Eve. I haven't been to Fyve since Frederic Chartier took over from Amy Brandwein, but the lunch menu on their (annoying) website looks very mainstream. Upstairs at Liberty Tavern might be a nice option, and there's also Willow.and Layalina (if you want a nice atmosphere and cozy service). And if it's prix fixe you're after, Michel in Tysons Corner has a $21 three course lunch, as well as many a la carte items (this is one of the obvious top three choices). You could also go a little more ethnic with places like Woo Lae Oak or Bamian, but I'm guessing since you called 2941 you want more European service. Villa Mozart in Fairfax also has a $20 three-course prix fixe, and it's a very pleasant atmosphere.

Cheers,

Rocks

2941 use to do a prix fixe lunch on weekdays, don't know when they stopped. Good food and not too far from Tysons - L'Auberge (has prix fixe) and Passionfish. If you're farther out west, then Trummers.

Trummers AFAIK is not open for weekday lunch. Their Sunday brunch is lovely and is a good way to take advantage of the more Teutonic portions of the wine list.

Soup

Sorry to be dense but what is the thing about prix fixe? Lunch is lunch, no?

And why not dinner?

If money is a problem, why not pick the most wonderful place you can afford for a relaxed dinner, then go home, drink wine or cocktails, play music, burn candles, hold hands, dance, make love?

Just saying . . . .

My wife, she would much rather have a huge lunch and a small dinner since it is much easier to sleep not being both stuffed and pickled.

OK, well, whatever the lunch, don't forget the wine drinking, the candle burning, the hand holding, the music, the dancing, and the love making. Not that you would, of course . . . .

As for candles, let me give a pitch here for unscented real beeswax candles. The candles, well, they are hard to find. For some reason, people prefer ones with color and scent. But nothing, really nothing can compare.They smell like heaven, or real flowers, what is the difference? Nothing can compare, not paraffin, not soy, and not any kind of scent. And nothing so erotic as a bedside illuminated by candle light.

As for candles, let me give a pitch here for unscented real beeswax candles. The candles, well, they are hard to find. For some reason, people prefer ones with color and scent. But nothing, really nothing can compare.They smell like heaven, or real flowers, what is the difference? Nothing can compare, not paraffin, not soy, and not any kind of scent. And nothing so erotic as a bedside illuminated by candle light.

We used to buy them, but our now departed pup had an affinity for them - it was always nice picking up candle studded poop over the next couple of days.