Brunch Egg Dish

Tweaked

Hosting a brunch on Sunday, however, we all plan to be out fairly late on Saturday night. Anticipating a hangover, can anyone point me toward some sort of egg based dish that I can prepare Saturday afternoon and reheat Sunday morning. Something I can make in a pyrex dish would be great...The less fuss the better!

Hosting a brunch on Sunday, however, we all plan to be out fairly late on Saturday night. Anticipating a hangover, can anyone point me toward some sort of egg based dish that I can prepare Saturday afternoon and reheat Sunday morning. Something I can make in a pyrex dish would be great...The less fuss the better!

Easy - Breakfast casserole. Put cubed bread, cooked ground sausage in a pyrex, pour over egg, top with cheese. Its supposed to soak overnight in the fridge, usually bakes in about a half hour to 45 min. You can add other stuff, i.e. onions, peppers, bacon, etc. Here is a recipe.

I've made Emeril's Lobster Cheesecake a couple times and got rave reviews. I made it the day before and gently reheated prior to brunch. A huge hit. I used a spring-form pan, btw, but I think you could bake it in a greased casserole.

You could also put together a strata and bake it in the morning.

I have made this Goat Cheese, Artichoke, and Smoked Ham Strata numerous times for holiday brunches and it always gets rave reviews. You assemble it the day before and bake just before serving B).

You can prep a strata the night before and cook it off in the morning, although it's not purely an egg dish (egg and bread ... this isn't a Passover brunch, is it?). It sort of makes me wonder if you couldn't do that with a baked-egg frittata too.

You can prep a strata the night before and cook it off in the morning, although it's not purely an egg dish (egg and bread ... this isn't a Passover brunch, is it?). It sort of makes me wonder if you couldn't do that with a baked-egg frittata too.

If you do a fritatta, just undercook it a tad because it can get dry the next day.

After some back and forth we went with mdt's Challah French Toast Bread Pudding...couldn't have been easier and very tasty (Thanks Mike)! We also went with a mushroom, tomato, red onion fritatta with basil and chives, homefries, and roasted asparagus over salad greens.