Saturday Night Dining (An Eternal Question)

lion

Due to babysitter time constraints, our friends can only get out of the house (2 1/2 year old twins) within a certain time frame,

and frankly, I'm a little stumped at the moment on where to suggest.

Next Saturday ~7:30pm.

Maximum driving time from Vienna, VA ~ 1 hour.

No Turkish, Indian or Japanese.

Ballpark ~$100 per couple, not a big drinking night

Due to babysitter time constraints, our friends can only get out of the house (2 1/2 year old twins) within a certain time frame,

and frankly, I'm a little stumped at the moment on where to suggest.

Next Saturday ~7:30pm.

Maximum driving time from Vienna, VA ~ 1 hour.

No Turkish, Indian or Japanese.

Ballpark ~$100 per couple, not a big drinking night

With or without the twins?

If the latter, what about Maple Avenue Restaurant? If this works, then get on the horn ASAP for a reservation.

Thanks Don and everyone else for the suggestions. On the spur of the moment, I thought about changing the direction of travel and everyone liked the idea. I'll post a review of our experience afterwards.

That's Villa Mozart; Cafe Mozart is that dreadful place at H and NY Ave NW (at least I assume it's still dreadful).

Thank you so much for catching that and correcting me! That's what I get for trying to read DR and work at the same time. B)

We ended up finally having this dinner with our friends. Instead of heading into DC for evening, we went west and to the Ashby Inn for dinner. All of us had the five course tasting menu and two had the wine pairings as well.

I have to say, the drive was beautiful, the view from the back of the inn was gorgeous and eating outside on the patio was sublime. Enjoyed the leisurely 3 1/2 hour meal that wasn't rushed, the conversation flowed quite naturally, and everything was perfect from the cocktails to the service to every course, except for one complaint near the end. A few in our party feel the beef was a little heavy on the salt, however I think that was a very minor concern with the overall evening's meal.

All of us were quite happy with our visit and definitely feel it's worth more visits.