A Party to Celebrate One of DR.com's Own

Barbara

WHAT: A party to celebrate the publication of Jael McHenry's first novel,

The Kitchen Daughter

WHEN: Sunday, July 17, 2011, 3-5 pm

WHERE: 1884 Columbia Road, NW, Apt. 216, Washington, DC

WHY: Long-time DR.com member, jm chen, has created one of the more compelling characters in modern literature, IMHO, and, like, you need an excuse to get together?

RSVP: (202) 483-1792 or bjheildc@yahoo.com or send me a PM.

There will be wine, beer, and softer things to drink and finger food suitable for an afternoon in July (!), so I'll need a headcount of those who want to attend.

I supposed I should have added that Jael and her husband will be at the party, so she can sign your books (and, I'm assuming she will have some copies to sell). The date was set according to her schedule: she will be in Arlington on the 16th for a reading and signing.

No kudos to Jael? C'mon, gang, where's our community?

I'll start...

CON-GRAT-U-LA-TIONS, Jael !!!!!

There was already a little bit of that happening earlier over here B)

jmchen was one of the first DR folks I ever met. I sat with her - and LoganCircle and Kanishka - at a Restaurant Eve dinner...nearly 6(!) years ago. I can't wait to read the book!

Thanks, all! (And sorry to be a latecomer to my own party thread -- things have been a little crazy around here lately, as you might imagine!)

Very much looking forward to raising a glass with you all. Many thanks to Barbara for organizing, and giving me the chance to come back to my old Adams Morgan stomping grounds for such a festive occasion!

If you can't make it to Sunday's event, on Saturday the 16th I'll be reading and signing at One More Page Books in Arlington. Details here.

Cheers!