Last Minute Birthday Dinner in DC - Friday Night at 8 PM

Rieux

We had plans to go to the dining room at palena for my birthday on Friday, but got a call that our reservation has been cancelled for "repairs to the dining room". We were offered the cafe, but we go there regularly so it doesn't seem like a good substitute. I tried both Rasikas but also struck out on availability. Little Serow was my third choice and it is closed for vacation.

Now I am looking for other suggestions, in DC, that might be available for Friday around 8. The back-up plan now is to go. To room 11 or Bistrot du Coin (a favorite) because they are walk-in only. Any other places people think would be good for a special occasion? We did Proof last year.

Man, you are all over the map here in terms of every parameter I can think of - quality, style, price, you name it. Begin your quest here, and come back with specific questions (and hopefully, by this time next year, the Dining Guide will be easier to search for situations such as this). For a special occasion walk-in, I'd hit the bar at Corduroy ($30) or CityZen ($50) for their three-course specials (hate to sound like a broken record, but that's what I'd do).

I realize now my posting was very non specific. I guess the main thread for me is that I like places that either I find comfortable, like an old friend (Bistrot), that are good neighborhood places ( like room 11) or that are new to me ( palena, Serow). I have been wanting to get back to corduroy since they moved, but I saw that thy too are closed. In the end, I remembered that I wanted to try the atlas room. And it had an opening, so, we are off to there!

For a special occasion walk-in, I'd hit the bar at Corduroy ($30) or CityZen ($50) for their three-course specials (hate to sound like a broken record, but that's what I'd do).

Corduroy is now closed until September 5, is it not?