Ribs Delivery in Arlington

Genevieve

Do you know of any places in Arlington with good ribs that does delivery?

Family visiting Sunday, don't want to go out to pick up takeout during their short visit, but they would love ribs.

I'm having Backyard Barbecue's ribs as I type this, and they are very good - see that picture at the top-left of their website? That's exactly what my ribs look like right now. Connoisseurs will justifiably balk at the wimpy smoke ring, but if you had these with your eyes closed, it would be very difficult to tell. Order them dry, sauce on the side. I don't think they'll deliver, but I'm pretty sure this is a big step up from either R, H, & B or Rockland's. They're ready at noon on weekends, and are $15 for a half-rack (with slaw) which is what I'm enjoying right now, $24 for a full-rack. The half-rack feeds two hungry adults - mine has seven fairly large, meaty ribs, crispy on the outside, probably from being finished in the back kitchen (it took about ten good minutes for them to process my order). They're only served on Saturdays and Sundays, and they're grilled the same morning they're sold.

The first time I ever ordered ribs from here, I didn't love them (and stuck with the brisket as my go-to carryout for many months); the last few times, they've been excellent - almost surely the best thing they have. Get them - it's worth the trip - and tell Anne-Marie I said hello (she's working today). Give her a call, tell her you're a friend of Don Rockwell, and explain your situation.

Perhaps just as importantly, this is the type of business (*) you'll be supporting.

Funny thing is, I completely forgot about this thread until I plopped down onto my sofa, ribs at my side, and opened up this website. I have no idea why I didn't think of this before. I guess I should also add that I haven't had Rockland's ribs in too long to be making any grand proclamations about vis-a-vis quality - likewise, Red, Hot & Blue, but I can't imagine their ribs are at this level. I've certainly had better ribs than this, but I don't recall ever having had better ribs than this inside the beltway in Virginia.

(*) And (not to be gloomy), this also reminds me that if anyone you know has suffered the loss of a loved one, and more than one month has passed, make sure to write them and let them know you haven't forgotten. Everyone rallies in the beginning, and then people naturally tend to forget and move on with their own lives.

Thank you, Don! Logistically, Rocklands is what works for us for pickup tomorrow (because our time together is very short and we have to go by it anyway), but we will definitely be going to Backyard Barbecue very very soon. Probably within a couple weeks, with my mom who loves ribs. Definitely want to support their business and also have the best ribs inside the Beltway.