Dining in Center City

Will be in Philly the weekend of 7/8, and am staying in the Rittenhouse Square area. I've searched for Philly food blogs, but have found them to be pretty scant. I'm hoping that some of you Smarties have had experience dining in Center City.

I'm looking for somewhere that isn't a Stephen Starr establishment. Italian, French, or American preferred (but open to suggestions)....less than $100 per person, and preferably within walking distance of Rittenhouse Square. Anyone?

Thanks in advance!

unsure.gif Sorry...just saw that there is a thread specifically about Philly dining. Bump me if you must!

I'm looking for somewhere that isn't a Stephen Starr establishment. Italian, French, or American preferred (but open to suggestions)....less than $100 per person, and preferably within walking distance of Rittenhouse Square. Anyone?

Bring some great wine to one of the BYOB's (I find it hard to go to a regular restaurant in Philly). Audrey Claire can be quite good and is right off Rittenhouse.

Will be in Philly the weekend of 7/8, and am staying in the Rittenhouse Square area. I've searched for Philly food blogs, but have found them to be pretty scant. I'm hoping that some of you Smarties have had experience dining in Center City.

Thanks in advance!

unsure.gif Sorry...just saw that there is a thread specifically about Philly dining. Bump me if you must!

I'd recommend Le Castagne at 1920 Chestnut St. It has traditional and contemporary Italian dishes in a sleek modern setting. http://www.lecastagne.com/sitev9.html

Little Pete's Diner at 219 S. 17th St. is a Philly icon. It's a diner's diner, nothing fancy and nothing pretty about it, but to me it's a beautiful thing that we don't have here in this area! Their breakfast will cure what ails ya.

And, if your not familiar with the area, DiBruno Bros. is a wonderful Italian market that makes not only my mouth water, but my eyes as well. Grab a pannini and a cafe table outside and enjoy the people watching. Or get some cheese and salumi and grab some grass in Rittenhouse Square. http://www.dibruno.com/

Staying at the Marriott next to City Hall. What are some interesting lunch options as we will do Zahav for dinner?

That's where I stayed - barbuzzo is close and open for lunch.

Also the same group's market store Grocery is good for a quick breakfast or the gelato store a few doors down (Capogiro) had H&H bagels in the morning.

I'm going to have a couple of breakfasts or brunches or lunches in Philadelphia this weekend - any suggestions? I'll be staying near Rittenhouse Square but willing to explore a bit.

Parc, a French bistro, is a good and very close option. More imaginative and slightly farther away would be Pub and Kitchen, Pumpkin BYOB, Beaumonde, Sabrina's, or Green Eggs.