Roberto's 8 (Formerly Roberto's 4) - The Chef's Counter Within Al Dente, Arizona Avenue in Wesley Heights, Closed Until Late Apr, 2016

At 6:35 this evening (thursday, 9/11) reservations have opened for October and November for Roberto's Eight.  info@aldentedc.com is the e-mail to respond to.  My best guess is that both months will be filled within a day or so.  Arguably, the most difficult reservation in the United States.  For anyone reading this you have a chance if you are within a couple of hours of this post.

An incredible dining experience.  Good luck!

At 6:35 this evening (thursday, 9/11) reservations have opened for October and November for Roberto's Eight.  info@aldentedc.com is the e-mail to respond to.  My best guess is that both months will be filled within a day or so.  Arguably, the most difficult reservation in the United States.  For anyone reading this you have a chance if you are within a couple of hours of this post.

An incredible dining experience.  Good luck!

Eh, I'm not so sure it's that difficult to get in anymore.  After I emailed them requesting a reservation sometime early last Spring, I would get emails maybe once every 2-3 weeks letting me know of an opening and asking if I wanted it.  None happened to be convenient until about mid July, when we wound up going.  Granted it was mid week, but that night only 4 of the 8 seats were taken.

Eh, I'm not so sure it's that difficult to get in anymore.  After I emailed them requesting a reservation sometime early last Spring, I would get emails maybe once every 2-3 weeks letting me know of an opening and asking if I wanted it.  None happened to be convenient until about mid July, when we wound up going.  Granted it was mid week, but that night only 4 of the 8 seats were taken. 

They have a waiting list when there are cancellations.  This actually speaks volumes about people making a reservation and then cancelling which leaves the restaurant with the possibility of empty seats.  A good argument for Rose's Luxury no reservation policy.

I want to add something to this:  we've been twice with a third coming up.  I am glad that you think that Roberto's Eight is an easy reservation.   I believe this is one of the single best dining experiences in America and Tom Sietsema and John Mariani both agree.  For yourself you seem to be able to get in at your ease.  I applaud your good fortune.

They have a waiting list when there are cancellations.  This actually speaks volumes about people making a reservation and then cancelling which leaves the restaurant with the possibility of empty seats.  A good argument for Rose's Luxury no reservation policy.

I want to add something to this:  we've been twice with a third coming up.  I am glad that you think that Roberto's Eight is an easy reservation.   I believe this is one of the single best dining experiences in America and Tom Sietsema and John Mariani both agree.  For yourself you seem to be able to get in at your ease.  I applaud your good fortune.

Look I'm not interested in getting into a pissing match about whether this is the best dining experience in America or not.  Who cares?  If you think you'll like it, go, if you already liked it, go back.  If you don't, don't.  All I'm saying is I think it's a reasonable inference from my experience to say that Roberto's 8 is not crazy difficult to get into and you shouldn't fall all over yourself in desperation to get a reservation.  I'm no VIP...from their perspective I'm just some schlub off the street who inquired once about getting a table, and over the course of the next few months they gave me several opportunities to eat there.  And when I was finally able to make it, it was half full.  Maybe it is very hard to get a seat for a specific night, I don't know.  But if you can be flexible and you send them an email asking them to let you know when something opens up, anyone should be able to get in within a reasonable amount of time, I think.

Look I'm not interested in getting into a pissing match about whether this is the best dining experience in America or not.  Who cares?  If you think you'll like it, go, if you already liked it, go back.  If you don't, don't.  All I'm saying is I think it's a reasonable inference from my experience to say that Roberto's 8 is not crazy difficult to get into and you shouldn't fall all over yourself in desperation to get a reservation.  I'm no VIP...from their perspective I'm just some schlub off the street who inquired once about getting a table, and over the course of the next few months they gave me several opportunities to eat there.  And when I was finally able to make it, it was half full.  Maybe it is very hard to get a seat for a specific night, I don't know.  But if you can be flexible and you send them an email asking them to let you know when something opens up, anyone should be able to get in within a reasonable amount of time, I think. 

I like your avatar.  I have an eleven year old tuxedo persian who is sitting on the back of my chair snoring in my ear as I type this.  He has never been to Roberto's Eight...

• Like 2

Roberto's 8 has been closed for several months. I asked Roberto, and his reply: "Hello, it still exists, but in the last few months I did not do it because I was working on a different project. We are starting back on the 21 of April.

On 2/10/2013 at 6:36 PM, Joe H said:

Four seats on a few nights a week.  This will be the most difficult reservation in America.  Serious.

Well that has certainly been true in 2016. :lol:

• Like 1

Nothing has been said about Roberto's 8 for years that I'm aware of, but all it seemed to be was a bar in front of an open kitchen, and if you got an "omakase," Roberto would crank out eight courses for you.

From what I see, it's still available on request:

Screenshot 2018-02-06 at 22.50.06.png

I wonder if they still have that beautiful chef's table at 2941 - it's a similar concept.

4 hours ago, DonRocks said:

Nothing has been said about Roberto's 8 for years that I'm aware of, but all it seemed to be was a bar in front of an open kitchen, and if you got an "omakase," Roberto would crank out eight courses for you.

From what I see, it's still available on request:

Screenshot 2018-02-06 at 22.50.06.png

I wonder if they still have that beautiful chef's table at 2941 - it's a similar concept.

It's the bar in front of the open kitchen and you can order off the menu or you can tell Roberto how many courses you want and let him do his magic.  We've been the recipient of his wonderful food many times.

• Like 1