Vaccaro's Pastry Shop, Six Area Locations

Vaccaro's Pastry Shop. Most of you have probably heard about it at least. Their main location is at 222 Albemarle St. in Baltimore's Little Italy and they also have an outpost in Union Station and at 2000 Pennsylvania Ave. near GW.

So I get this really awful news: they have an all you can eat dessert and coffee special on Monday nights from 6pm until 9pm in their Little Italy shop. $12. I'm not kidding - this is going to make my Monday nights really, really awful. :unsure: Imagine starting with one of their Morte dal Cioccolatos - homemade chocolate cannoli cakes with chocolate chocolate chip gelato topped with hot fudge with whipped topping . . . before diving into the Vesuvius - chocolate brownie cake layered with caramel, cheesecake, chocolate mousse, cream puffs, hot fudge, wet nuts, and whipped topping. And coffee. I'm not going to make it to Tuesday.

I have done this before. I think I started out with the Snickers volcano or some other dessert that was as big as my head. Then I moved on to the apple Napoleon and... something else - gelato, I think, since it fills in all the crevasses in your tummy. All while consuming copious amounts of coffee. I don't think I slept that night. At all.

I wouldn't recommend doing this too often (it makes your clothes shrink) but... damn was it good.

I also tried the all-you-can-eat* dessert thing there once. I forget how many desserts I actually made it through, but it was one too many, and I can still remember how bad I felt afterwards.

*Why did this change to "all-you-care-to-eat" everywhere a few years ago. There's gotta be some dumb lawsuit story behind that.

I also tried the all-you-can-eat* dessert thing there once. I forget how many desserts I actually made it through, but it was one too many, and I can still remember how bad I felt afterwards.

*Why did this change to "all-you-care-to-eat" everywhere a few years ago. There's gotta be some dumb lawsuit story behind that.

All you CARE TO eat is a nice offer. All you CAN eat is a challenge.

Mw wife stops by the Vaccaro's in Union Station from time to time for an espresso or cappucino when she has a craving. She swears it's the closest the the godlike stuff we had in Italy. I cannot say the same thing for their branch in Owings Mills Mall though (not bad, but not godlike).

A much better bet is the "sampler" plate. You get cookies, cream puffs, small eclairs and small cannoli. It's a little bit of everything without the sleepless night!

It's a must stop on my way to see my Dad in Phila. He loves cannoli and they have the best cream around here.

A much better bet is the "sampler" plate. You get cookies, cream puffs, small eclairs and small cannoli. It's a little bit of everything without the sleepless night!

It's a must stop on my way to see my Dad in Phila. He loves cannoli and they have the best cream around here.

area Vace locations also sell Vaccaro's cannoli, filling seperate from pastry. its made to travel.....