Dinner near Union Station

flygirl

I'm actually seeking this out for a coworker who has friends coming into town. They aren't looking for fancy, just good food for dinner that isn't going to cost an arm and a leg. Given that they aren't winos I figure 40 bucks a person (tax and tip) should work for them. My friend said they may have a glass of wine each, or not at all.

Any suggestions? many thanks.

There tons of places in the immediate vicinity of Union Station, what kind of food are folks looking to eat?

If you want pub food, check out the Irish Times two blocks west of Union Station. For a place that sells more Miller Lite than anywhere else in town except the Verizon Center, the food is amazingly good; the cod & shrimp basket is my favorite.

For Tex-Mex, check out La Loma about three blocks east of Union Station. Tasty and pretty inexpensive, if the weather is good they have a nice patio to eat on.

I'm actually seeking this out for a coworker who has friends coming into town. They aren't looking for fancy, just good food for dinner that isn't going to cost an arm and a leg. Given that they aren't winos I figure 40 bucks a person (tax and tip) should work for them. My friend said they may have a glass of wine each, or not at all.

There is really not much good food around those parts, but here's a few standouts.

I like White Tiger, the Indian restaurant on Mass. Ave.

If you like Asian food, the East Street Market on the 2nd floor of Union Station is pretty good. Not much in the way of atmosphere, but easily the bext place INSIDE the actual station.

And you may be able to swing dinner at Bistro Bis for under $40 is you're very careful about what you order. check out their menu on their website, I'm pretty sure that they have prices on it.

B. Smith's is a good option too. Their catfish platter with macaroni & cheese is fabulous!