Free! Fermin Ham Stand Built for Holding Spanish Long-Bone Hams

astrid

Anyone here want a brand new Fermin ham stand that's (only) appropriate for Spanish long bone hams?  Zingerman's had advertised a ham stand that looked and sounded appropriate for American country hams, but it turned out to be a Fermin that would only hold Spanish style hams.

After I complained, half thinking that this was a weird warehouse issue (the Fermin is nothing like the advertised item), Zingerman's refunded the purchase price and suggested that I give the stand to a friend.  Since I don't personally know anyone who regularly carves their own $1,000 Spanish jamons, I figured that I'd make the stand available for free to the first taker who is willing to come by and haul it away. 

Leave a message here to claim and PM me to arrange pick up.  I live near Virginia Square metro.

(Yes, I know "ham holder" is slightly less ambiguous, though "free ham holder" can conjure up some interesting mental images too...)

I make no implied or explicit warranties regarding the usability of the ham stand, either as a culinary tool or for *other* uses.  It's given away on a strictly "as is" basis.

• Like 1

Upon first glance at thread title:

1) there's a stand somewhere giving out free ham!?!?! Awesome, where is it?

2) I wonder who Ham Stand is and why he's unjustly imprisoned.

Looks like it'd make a good S&M device of some sort.

For sale at the next picnic:

hfGow9t.png

Nominated for best humor post on DonRockwell.com for 2015.

• Like 1

Hmmm, no takers at all?  Maybe I should ask Don to rename the thread to Free Foie Gras Stand?  Or Free Vaguely S&M Implement!

I definitely am not in a position to be purchasing a $1000 whole jamon but...just looking on La Tienda I see that they have some for much cheaper:

Bone-In Jamí³n Serrano by Peregrino - Free Shipping.

Would your ham stand hold something like this?  If so, I might say what the hell and come grab that from you this weekend.  I'm in Arlington Forest, a 10 minute walk from VA Square.

Upon first glance at thread title:

1) there's a stand somewhere giving out free ham!?!?! Awesome, where is it?

2) I wonder who Ham Stand is and why he's unjustly imprisoned.

Looks like it'd make a good S&M device of some sort.

For sale at the next picnic:

hfGow9t.png

You make me laugh constantly, Al Dente. I, myself, thought she was describing some type of gymnastic maneuver (I'm not trying to be funny; I honestly did, at first glance), but then I saw the Forum, and thought, naaawwww.

astrid, I would be honored to take this off your hands - I'll try to find something to compensate you with. Is it like-new, or does it need work?

If anyone knows where my Girolle is, I would appreciate getting it back. The last I saw it was when I lent it out, complete with an entire Tète de Moines cheese on it, at one of our early picnics (a Girolle, with its own lid, is built to cut *only* Tète de Moines cheese, so if you're in possession of one, and have no idea how you got it, it's mine, and I really *would* like it back because I *do* buy these cheeses and use it - and I'll especially use it if I can throw a Tète de Moines and Jamí³n Serrano party for our members! With breads from BreadFurst! Hint! Hint! Hint!) Would whoever has it please contact me? I know you don't know it's mine.

• Like 1