Business Dinner Downtown, Jun 13, 2016 - 3-4 People, Nice but Not Expensive, Good Service

NolaCaine

I am taking 3 or 4 people out to dinner. Last time I took one of them to a very nice place, and expensive (Marcel's).   It was great but he commented on the price saying something like it must be nice to be in my business (health non-profit...funding from for-profits).  Anyway, ignoring the fact that he DOES work for a for-profit, I want to take him and some others from his industry out to dinner to talk about a difficult topic.  

What's good, quite, near downtown, open on Monday, has good service but is not "expensive".  How expensive is Corduroy. I would love to go back there.

Or, someplace that will give menus without prices and just take my credit card.

Must serve alcohol.

1 hour ago, NolaCaine said:

I am taking 3 or 4 people out to dinner. Last time I took one of them to a very nice place, and expensive (Marcel's).   It was great but he commented on the price saying something like it must be nice to be in my business (health non-profit...funding from for-profits).  Anyway, ignoring the fact that he DOES work for a for-profit, I want to take him and some others from his industry out to dinner to talk about a difficult topic.  

What's good, quite, near downtown, open on Monday, has good service but is not "expensive".  How expensive is Corduroy. I would love to go back there.

Or, someplace that will give menus without prices and just take my credit card.

Must serve alcohol.

If you go to Corduroy at sit at the bar area upstairs, there's a $30, three-course dinner special from which you can choose one of several options during each course. It's generally fairly empty up there, and is certainly quiet - you may need to sit at the (very comfortable) bar, or one of the tables nearby which are somewhat low, but you're not going to do any better, food-wise, or noise-wise, for the price. You may want to go there beforehand and scope out the area to make sure the seating will be appropriate, but that's where I'd go, given your criteria.

A surprising number of restaurants will give you menus without prices and take your credit card *IF* you call them and make arrangements in advance, so don't let that be a limiting concern until you call - nobody will know of any restaurant that does this off-hand, so you'll have to try each one individually - just call around 4 PM, ask to speak with a manager, and tell them your situation.

You may also want to try Plume or Quill at the Jefferson Hotel - give them a call and see if they'll do this (they're expensive).

Is a place like Acadiana upscale enough for you? They do private dining all the time, and might put you in a private room if you called in advance and told them your needs (obviously, these rooms are built for more people, and your group might not be large enough).