Early Dinner North of the National Mall Today, Thursday, Dec 1, 2016

porcupine

ISO recommendations. I'm going to finish an appointment in the vicinity of 13th and K NW around 4:15, then need to be at the S. Dillon Ripley Center (near the Smithsonian Castle) by 6:30. Need something approximating dinner in that time. Happy hour snacks at a bar would be fine. Will be on foot so wherever it is, I need time to walk to the Ripley after. (It takes me about 15-20 minutes from, say, the Partisan). Don't mind catching a cab if I must but would rather trust my own two feet. It doesn't help that the national xmas tree lighting is tonight (oy), so I'd really like to stay away from that event horizon.

Help?

28 minutes ago, porcupine said:

Day turned busier than I expected so I went with plan B, which was a piece of fry bread from Mitsitam and leftovers reheated in office microwave for dinner. Oh well. There will be other times. I do appreciate the suggestions.

With the tagging system, the suggestions will benefit people in the future, so threads like this are not a problem (in fact, they're more than welcome). 

As a side note, we went to Proof around 6:30 last night (Thursday) and snagged a couple of seats at the bar.  We were able to have a glass of wine each and a couple of appetizers in about 30 minutes.  The crispy fingerling potatoes with the malt vinegar aioli are damn tasty. 

• Like 1